How do I get the best deal?

biscuit

Earning My Ears
I'm sure this has been asked many times before but how do you go about getting the best deal on a cruise? We're thinking of doing the 7 day Western next year...we did the Eastern last year and loved it...and I'm wondering if it's better to use a travel agent or book it yourself. Any advice you could give me would be great!

My advice is to shop around. get quotes from several sources and go with the one you feel comfortable with. Some people prefer TA's and some don't. We booked directly through Disney and got the last week of Fall Fantasy last year. With the elimination of FF, my recommendation is book early. That seems to be the way to get the best rates.

Do your homework. Begin with DCL as a starting point for rates. Then check with as many reputable TA's as you have time for - Dreams Unlimited, AAA, your local TA. Make sure your compare "apples to apples" regarding onboard credits, rebates, other benefits such as soda mugs, etc.

One of the criteria you may want to consider when choosing a TA is whether they will watch for price drops and automatically adjust your booking. That is one of the reasons we book through DU (the other being the rebates). The price for our May cruise dropped by over $800, and they automatically adjusted it for us...what a nice surprise.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I shopped around quite a bit, and the cheapest place I found was Cruise.com. I am not sure if they will continue to check the prices, but ask them. They may if you cruise is further into the future. Check their internet pricing, and then call them, because usually their prices over the phone are 8 - 10% cheaper than the ones online. If you are a florida resident by chance, let them know. You will qualify for extra discounts.

Cruise.com

Thank you,
Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter