How Do I Get Seated Spot for Fantasmic

dnamertz

DIS Veteran
We are going to be at DLR for two days in mid-June. I want to get a seated spot so my 8 year old can see the show, but can't afford the BB or RBT packages. So, what is the best way to get a seated spot using the regular Fast Passes?

Since we will only be there on a Wed and Thurs, and we don't have MM, we will be starting at DL on Wed and DCA on Thurs. However, I want to make sure we see the new fireworks and the new night-time parade on the first night just in case the fireworks get cancelled the first night (then we'll still have the next night to see them).

So it looks like Thurs will be our night to see Fantasmic, so is it possible to get FP's for Fantasmic that will give us seated spots on a morning that will be starting at DCA? Once we ride RSR, and TSMM (once or twice) I guess I could run over to DL and get the F! FP's.

None of the FP viewing areas are guaranteed to be seated. The areas closest to the river (one section in blue and one section in yellow) are generally ground seating only, but it's not guaranteed. It's also not consistent how the FP viewing areas are filled. Over at WoC, guests are allowed to self select the viewing locations within their FP area, but at F!, it seems like the CMs direct guests to specific areas within their FP area. Unfortunately, the area closest to the river is not always the first area filled, so guests that get there first/earliest, may still be in the stand only areas.

In terms of timing, my guess is the FP will last well into the morning, even in June. That being said, I don't know when the FP for the first show will run out.

Maybe you could go early and stake out an outdoor table (along the railing) at the River Belle Terrace???

I don't think that works anymore now that Riverbelle Terrace dinner is Fantasmic dining packages only.
This is true. But diners at RBT get FP's for the viewing area. I suppose there could be people eating there ahead of a later show. But that would seem a little redundant. I suppose they could close off the seating areas for FP dining. I need to get over to the park to see how this works.

Honestly, without a paid package your best bet for a seating area is yellow. Yellow has always had a seating area, in my experience, while blue often does not. Yellow is distributed first, so that may affect your ability to get that if you're starting over in California adventure. In order to get the seating section, you do need to be in the first group of people returning to the fast pass section though, which means being there half an hour before they say you are allowed to be there...

Honestly, without a paid package your best bet for a seating area is yellow. Yellow has always had a seating area, in my experience, while blue often does not. Yellow is distributed first, so that may affect your ability to get that if you're starting over in California adventure. In order to get the seating section, you do need to be in the first group of people returning to the fast pass section though, which means being there half an hour before they say you are allowed to be there...

This was also how I got a seat (and a great one, at that). I was in yellow and although they were not letting us line up earlier than the return time on our FP, we continued circling the area until we were allowed in. The ground seating filled up very quickly. However as has been mentioned before, I wouldn't completely count on this to work, as they seem to switch things up for F! seating all the time.

Maybe you could go early and stake out an outdoor table (along the railing) at the River Belle Terrace???
Based on my experiences in March...the answer is kind of...the tables closest to the Stage Door are not used by the RBT for the dining package. So those area available for guests on a first-come-first-serve basis. They offer a limited/obstructed view of the show because the trees, light posts, and odd angle. The prime viewing tables (closest to the PotC) are reserved for the RBT dining package, so those are not available for guests to stake out for hours and hours.

Before they instituted the FP system, guests did go and stake out railing tables at the RBT in advance of F!. I would say you needed to be there at least 3+ hours before the show was slated to start if you wanted a railing table.

Based on my experiences in March...the answer is kind of...the tables closest to the Stage Door are not used by the RBT for the dining package. So those area available for guests on a first-come-first-serve basis. They offer a limited/obstructed view of the show because the trees, light posts, and odd angle. The prime viewing tables (closest to the PotC) are reserved for the RBT dining package, so those are not available for guests to stake out for hours and hours.

Before they instituted the FP system, guests did go and stake out railing tables at the RBT in advance of F!. I would say you needed to be there at least 3+ hours before the show was slated to start if you wanted a railing table.

Thanks so much for this info! Do you think if I have a Fantasmic dining reservation for 7:30p at RBT we could stay at our table and watch the show instead of moving to our FB viewing area??

I don't know; that's something you'll need to ask your server. I would caution that much of the RBT seating area will have some level of obstruction due to light poles, trees, other guests, etc. So, if you get a table witha great view, that's awesome, I would still plan on heading down to the RBT viewing area.

Thanks so much for this info! Do you think if I have a Fantasmic dining reservation for 7:30p at RBT we could stay at our table and watch the show instead of moving to our FB viewing area??

Honestly it is 100% better to go to the reserved viewing area. Some of the views are okay from River Belle Terrace but not as good of a spot as what you have in your section

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter