How do I get from POR to 1900 Park Fare?

Betzee

Mouseketeer
If I'm going to a character dinner at 1900 Park Fare, how do I get there from POR?

Should I book it on a day that I'm going to MK so that I can use the monorail there? :confused3

Thanks for any help.

I would book it on a night that you're planning on being either at Epcot or MK because you can catch the Monorail to GF for the meal.

Hope that helped! :)

You can either take a bus to MK and then hop the Monorail to the Grand Floridian or consider taking a cab- should be les than $15. It can take upwards of 1 1/2 hours making the trek via Disney transport. First wait for the bus and all the stops it makes getting to MK, then get off and make the walk to the Monorail and wait for it and any stops it makes. If you look at the time as an adventure it could be fun, I would rather spend the $ and make it a 20-25 minute trip.

We did this last month. Took us less than 40 minutes to get from the main bus stop at POR to the check in desk at 1900 Park Fare... it would have been less but we tried to find the restaurant ourselves instead of asking someone once we arrived at the Grand Floridian!

We took the bus to MK and it was suggested to us to take the BOAT from MK to GF...that it was faster, but we had JUST missed the boat so we took the monorail.

It was all good and dd (6.5yo) ADORED hanging w/ Cindy and the stepfamily! :thumbsup2

You really don't have to book it on any special day. Just take the Grand Floridian bus from the park you are in. Allow yourself plenty of time, though.

If you have a car, I would highly recommend simply driving.

So long as you have an ADR, you are permitted to park at the resort for your dinner. The tricky part is if you are also planning to go to the Magic Kingdom. If so, you can’t use the standard resort parking to eat and then go to the theme park. The way around this is using the valet. If you have an ADR and pay to use the valet, you can park at the resort, enjoy your meal and then go to the theme park.

We use the valet last year and it worked out great. We drove to the GF, valeted our car, had a wonderful dinner at 1900 Park Fare, rode the monorail to MK, saw Spectromagic, caught the monorail back to GF, retrieved our car, and went back to our resort.

This was one of our best evenings of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter