how do I get DCL horn as ring tone UPDATED

figment52

<font color=royalblue>Oh man, I checked out the we
I just got a new Verizon cell phone yesterday (LG VX6100) and would like the DCL horn as ring tone - can someone help me figure out how to load it ?? I am not very tecno savy but I can follow simple instructions. Feel free to PM me if necessary.

TIA - you guys are the BEST!!!

I don't know the answer to this, but I would love to know too! Is that even possible? Please, let us know! :goodvibes :wizard:

Just discovered a web-site - www.mobile17.com -
You can upload any song for free and they will send it to your phone via text, email, picture - You then save it to your phone, then change your ring tone and used your new saved song -

Best of all - It's FREE!!!!!!

I am now using the ringtone "Who can it be now?" by Men at Work -

Karen

If you have synchronization software for your phone, this can be done straight from your desktop. Motorola's Mobile Phone Tools allows this to be done, but it only works with Moto phones.

KaitlinsMom said:
....I am now using the ringtone "Who can it be now?" by Men at Work -Karen
I loved that song, now I've got the chorus stuck in my head! I can't get it out! :earseek: BTW, thanks for the link. :rolleyes1 Who can it be now :rolleyes1

I have the 6000. I use a program called bitpim with the data transfer cable. You start the program and just copy the file onto your phone (as long as it is a midi or mp3 file).

OK I got it to work. :jumping1:

I went to Best Buy tonight to get the cable I thought I needed and the guy there told me I didn't need it. He gave me instructions and now the DCL Horn IS MY RING TONE!!! (he said the instructions are not in the manual but you may have to refer to it to find the right buttons)

If I can do it anyone can. I have a LG VX6100 ..... I don't know if it works on any other phone or not.

1 - turn the speaker on (the lighted bar right above OK)
2 - hit the menu button and go to #8 (Tools)
3 - and hit 4 (voice menu)
4 - hit new and listen for the lady. she will tell you to record when you hear the tone - when it beeps start the horn playing from your computer or wherever. You may need to do this a few times until you have the volume and sound quality where you like it.
5 - hit options and title the recording (like you did when you entered your contacts)
6 - now hit options and 3 (set as) and do it for whatever selection you want
7 - now when you go to menu - 9 (settings) 1 (sounds) it should be you last one on the list and you can take it from there

Now I can enjoy the horn whenever my DIS friends call me. I can't wait to see the reactions when I am grocery shopping and the DCL horn comes through my phone :earsgirl:

This is so cool. I can customize all my ringtones. I have to go set a couple more before I forget how to do this. :wave2:

ENJOY

Can anyone send me or direct me to where I can get the DCL horn sound? that way i can put it on my daughters phone as well :)

for verizon users with pix messaging you can send yourself a pic of the ship (downsized) to use as your wallpaper AND you can also send yourself the sound file the exact same way you would send yourself the pic. It will allow you to save it and use it as your ring tone.

I just set it up for DH and myself.

If you need help PM me. :)

DVC Jen said:
for verizon users with pix messaging you can send yourself a pic of the ship (downsized) to use as your wallpaper AND you can also send yourself the sound file the exact same way you would send yourself the pic. It will allow you to save it and use it as your ring tone.

I just set it up for DH and myself.

If you need help PM me. :)

THanks for the help Jenn, I am now ringing to the disney cruise horn. Thats so easy to do with verizon.
Kirsty

I Think I Can do the Same Sort of Thing With my Nextel I 275
But do not like the Sound wave link does anyone have a better one ???
Quality is Poor or is it working for others ???

Thanks peter

diznylnd said:
THanks for the help Jenn, I am now ringing to the disney cruise horn. Thats so easy to do with verizon.
Kirsty

No problem. :) I was surprised by how easy it turned out to be too.

Hey Peter,
The sound quality was fine for my phone. I have the original Horn sound from the cd DCL sent me, but it was too big of a file for verizon. I can send you it if you would like to try it. Just PM me.
Kirsty

I had to tweak the file a little bit to get it the right size for verizon to get it through. The first few times the file came through at corrupt.

If someone needs it.. let me know and I can email it to you.

diznylnd said:
Hey Peter,
The sound quality was fine for my phone. I have the original Horn sound from the cd DCL sent me, but it was too big of a file for verizon. I can send you it if you would like to try it. Just PM me.
Kirsty

That is odd - that's what I used and it worked just fine.

DVC Jen said:
I had to tweak the file a little bit to get it the right size for verizon to get it through. The first few times the file came through at corrupt.

If someone needs it.. let me know and I can email it to you.
Would you please send it to me, with instructions? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter