• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Do I Get a Scooter?

stinkerbell2

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

With our Feb.10 trip coming up, my 84 yr. old grandma will be with us, (stubbornly thinking she can walk) but I would like to have a scooter for her. We are staying at OKW or SRS and I would like to have it waiting there when we get there. How/Where do I order one ? Anyone done this or know the cost?:confused:

We always rent a scooter for my mom from Care Medical 1-407-370-2196

They deliver the scooter to your resort and pick it up when you leave.

Others might have more ideas - but we have always been extremely satisfied with Care Medical

I hope you have requested a first floor villa at OKW because most of the buildings do not have an elevator.

Before you rent that scooter for your grandmother, make sure she can operate it. A wheelchair may be a better option (except for the person who winds up pushing).

I like dealing with Randy's. I like their scooters, and they are very accomendating. You may want to go over to the Dis abilities forum, as they have great information about renting scooters, and Room requests, ect.
Gerri

One word of warning - make sure your grandmother wants a scooter before you rent it. We go every year with my mom who is now 74. This past trip we tried to talk her into using a wheelchair and she wanted no part of it. She insisted she could get around just fine with her cane. And guess what? She did! She did an entire week of park touring with us (including two adolescent grandchildren) and she did just fine. Now I know that 84 is 10 years older than 74, but your grandma might just be OK. You can always get a wheelchair at the parks if she needs help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter