how do i get a ring to wdw?

brunoflipper

it's "disney magic" baby
if it is on my person, she'lll see it at the airport (i.e. security)... surely it will get stolen if it is in my luggage... with my carry-on i am afraid she'lll see it or the bag will get stolen/left somewhere... if i ship it the reort will have to hold it for a week from when we get there to when i'll need it... what/how do i do this?

Try wrapping it up and putting it in your shaving kit. I don't think she will look there. If you have other people attending your wedding you could have one of them hold it until it is time. Are you proposing at disney or getting married there?? Good luck

My husband put my engagement ring in his wallet to get it down to Orlando, I didn't even notice that he kept checking his wallet all the way down there to make sure he didn't loose it!! By the time we got checked into our hotel he was a nervous wreck and just dropped on one knee in the middle of unpacking!!!!

The reason he did it like that is so that he wouldn't set off the alarms at security in the airport as he was just going to put it in his pocket..........he also said that all of the people at the scanner saw it and winked at him as we were going through!!!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

My FI unwrapped the box that my ring was in and put the box in his carry on luggage. He even called JFK ahead of time to find out exactly what he should not put in his bag to make sure it wasn't searched at security. He had the ring for 1.5 days in Disney before he gave it to me. He was keeping it in his wallet while we were in the parks, which was in the back pack that I carry around and I had no idea! Once he gave me the ring though and told me where he had been hiding it, his strange behavior over that day and half was explained. Normally, he'll let me pull things out of his wallet as we need them, but that that trip. And yet, I still didnt suspect anything!

My husband carried my ring in his carryon bag from Hartford CT to San Diego 2 years ago. He wrapped it in a sock (we always have a change of underware and socks in our carryons) and I never suspected.

Thinking back on it, he did look nervous going through security and when he got pulled aside for further checking he told me to go through and would meet me further down the hallway (again I never suspected).

It can be done. Good Luck!

Stacey:) :)

You can carry it on you. Just pull a security person on the side and let them know that you have a e-ring on you and you don't want your girlfriend to know. They will make sure that she won't see it.

My husband carried the ring in his camera bag that I carried around for three days before he proposed...........:eek:

When I proposed in December, I covertly pulled the ring box from my pocket and put it into my backpack carry on for the security check. I did get a wink and a smile from the TSA agents though. Then after the checkpoint, I put the ring box back in my pocket. You could do this in the bathroom immediately before you go through security.

Then when we arrived at the Boardwalk and checked in, I went straight for the room safe and locked it up without her noticing. In fact since we never use the in room safe, she didn't even notice all week. Then at the end of the week, I kept it in my pocket the whole day. I was slightly nervous though while we were getting the couples massage at the Grand FLoridian, it was locked in my locker. But that was only a for a little while.

Now of course I think the only reason she said yes after dinner at the California Grill was so that I wouldn't drop the ring off of the 15th floor observation deck. I get pretty shaky when I get emotional and excited! :Pinkbounc :earseek:

Thanks,
Wayne

I feel for you having gone through this in early February. The trick is (for an airport, which luckily I didn't need) to let security know ahead of time as others have said. I struggled of how to do this for weeks. This engagement ring was not only a major investment for me, it also contained a diamond that was my fiance's grandmother's main stone. I could replace the ring if I lost if before giving it to her but the sentimental stone was irreplaceable. I was so nervous I didn't dare send it ahead, or want to leave it in the hotel or room safe. I realized that our digital cam/video cam bag would be with us at all times throughout our trip, I put it in there. What if she has to hold the bag? I can't take the box, she'd see it for sure. A film canister did the trick. I placed the ring in a used film canister wrapped in tissue paper and taped the top shut. My parents had used the camera recently and I told her it was some of my mom's undeveloped film. She never suspected a thing and it was easy to secretly remove the canister and give it to the hostess at CG for the big event on day 3 of our trip. Zipped in a side pocket is was fairly secure. I will warn you, if you're waiting till late in the trip to do it. Space, Thunder, Splash, Test Track, and many more will scare the daylights out of you and have you checking to make sure the ring's still there about every three minutes! Good luck and hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter