How do I determine if I should upgrade to Deluxe DP?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Banana22, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Banana22

Banana22 Earning My Ears

Need help deciding on Deluxe DP vs. Plus Dining
    We are staying at GF for 5 nights/6 days, arriving mid-morning 11/17 and departing late afternoon 11/22. We have free dining with our trip, but we're debating spending the $488 to upgrade to Deluxe Dining. It's myself, my wife and our almost 3 year old daughter. We will just pay OOP for her meals.

Our current thinking on reservations is as follows (we have ADR's for all but the counter service/quick service meals already) :
    Monday
    Pinocchio's Village Haus for lunch
    Tony's Town Square for dinner

Tuesday
    coffee/pastry at Gaparilla's for breakfast
    Pizzafari for lunch
    Narcoosee's for dinner

Wednesday
    Hollywood & Vine for breakfast
    50's Prime Time for lunch
    Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner

Thursday
    coffee/pastry at Main St Bakery for breakfast
    Cosmic Ray's for lunch
    Be Our Guest for dinner

Friday
    coffee/pastry at Main St Bakery for breakfast
    Cinderella's Royal Table for lunch
    Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner

Saturday
    Crystal Palace for breakfast
    Plaza Restaurant for lunch

Thanks in advance!

2. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

It looks like you have a total of 12 TS credits planned, and you'll only get 5 with your regular DDP. I'm pretty sure you'll spend that $488 at those other 5 TS. Plus, if you upgrade, you can rearrange your schedule to include a few more buffets where your almost 3 yr old can eat without paying. AND you'll both get apps with your a la carte meals which may mean you don't have to buy her anything there either. I'd do the upgrade and rework my meals to use up all 15 credits.

3. 5Hfan

5Hfan Mouseketeer

thanks for asking this question, I didn't know you could do this. We have free dining for 5 days on our trip too, but based on the reservations I made today I think we would be better off with the upgrade...:wizard:

4. abdgeek

abdgeek DIS Veteran

If you upgrade to DxD you will have 3TS and 2 snacks per day. Based on what you've already booked, you would want to change your dinner or lunch reservations to signature restaurants which take 2TS credits. I would opt for doing dinner at the signature restaurants because your savings will be greater(California Grill, Narcosses, CRT,etc). You can then use your two snacks in the morning for muffins, etc.