How do I create decorations for my door?

topsy

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I'm on the September 2nd Alaska cruise and would love to decorate my door. This is only my second cruise and on my first I had no idea I could've decorated my door, so this time I want to do it properly!

I've seen pictures of some wonderful magnets and posters but have no idea where they come from.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?!

Hi All,

I'm on the September 2nd Alaska cruise and would love to decorate my door. This is only my second cruise and on my first I had no idea I could've decorated my door, so this time I want to do it properly!

I've seen pictures of some wonderful magnets and posters but have no idea where they come from.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?!

Check over on the Creative DISigns board:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=105

Download whatever pictures you want and print out, put magnets on the back and there you go.

At the local Art Supply store (Michael's) I was able to get magnets that can be put on things, magnets that you can print on and magnets white boards.

Word of warning, if you do make your own door magnets, make sure the magnet is fairly strong. I made some for my 1st cruise last week and for the smaller ones, it worked great. For the heavier laminated ones I made, the magnets were not strong enough and didn't stay on the door. I was constantly picking them up from the hallway when my family shut the door.

There are some you can order on-line from e-bay as well. Search e-bay using "Disney stateroom door magnets". Most of them are customizable to your specific information. I ordered one with the name of our ship, cruising date and family name. It was very cute.

Good luck and have fun with it. Definately worth the effort put into decorating your door!

Kelly

It's a good idea to laminate, as the humid sea air can cause the paper to curl a bit. An easy way to laminate at home is clear Contact paper - I used it for the door magnets on my Alaska cruise, and it worked great! I've got my DCL name tag magnet on my desk here at work. :p I ordered 1-inch square magnets off Amazon, and stuck 2-3 on the back of each laminated printout, and everything stayed put, at least on our door on the Wonder.

You can buy printable magnetic glossy sheets that go in any home printer. They come in 8.5x11 sheets available at office supply stores. They work great

The printable magnetic sheets are strong enough? Good to know. Last year I brought an expensive (and heavy LOL) magnetic roll with peal and stick backing from Michael's on board. Had a little craft party before we set sail. Felt so good about it. When we came back (and for the rest of the cruise) we always found them slid down or in the hallway. Stood there and watched them glide down the door :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter