How do EMHs work?

dnsmills

Disney Obsessed
I know what the EMH is: one park each day either opens up early or stays open late for guests staying at a Disney resort. My question is - how do they know? I figure it's probably easier for EMH mornings when they can scan each person's KTTW but how about late EMH? If everyone's already in the park and walking around, how do they enforce that people not staying at a Disney resort get out while resort stayers get to stay in? Do they scan your KTTW and you get a wristband or something? Just wondering as I'm planning our upcoming trip with some EMH evenings. Thanks.

In the AM the CM's ask to see your room key at the turn styles. In the PM they don't force those staying offsite to leave the park, they are welcomed to shop and eat (spend money). Those staying on site need to show their KTTW card at each attraction and everyone in your party must have one.

I thought I remembered getting a wrist band. Do they not do this anymore? I don't do evening EMHs very often, as you can tell.

How do you find out which park offers these extended hours on which days?! :confused3 It's not EVERY day in EVERY park, right?! We'd like to schedule certain things on certain days to coincide with which park we're going to be at, but we'd also like to take advantage of EMH as well, but I'm having a hard time finding a schedule of when these are offered. Is there a SET schedule, or does this fluctuate from week to week, month to month, etc...? :confused:

1- How do you find out which park offers these extended hours on which days?! :confused3

2- It's not EVERY day in EVERY park, right?! We'd like to schedule certain things on certain days to coincide with which park we're going to be at, but

3- we'd also like to take advantage of EMH as well, but

1- I'm having a hard time finding a schedule of when these are offered.

4- Is there a SET schedule, or does this fluctuate from week to week, month to month, etc...? :confused:

1- It's listed on all the calendars.

While NO calendar is (or could be) 100% accurate, the WDW Travel Agent Calendar is consistently the earliest-listed and best-maintained (frequently updated) of all of the on-line calendars.

Here's the entire year of Travel Agency Calendar listings.

The months' dates will automatically update to the newest info (as in, change from 2011 to 2012)
as soon as that new month's info becomes available.

January TA Calendar

February TA Calendar

March TA Calendar

April TA Calendar

May TA Calendar

June TA Calendar

July TA Calendar

August TA Calendar

September TA Calendar

October TA Calendar

November TA Calendar

December TA Calendar

-----------------------------------------

2- Right. It's not.

3- As long as you're staying at a WDW Resort (and a few others which are "participating resorts" you can do so.

4- They can vary all the time. See #1 above.

How do you find out which park offers these extended hours on which days?! :confused3 It's not EVERY day in EVERY park, right?! We'd like to schedule certain things on certain days to coincide with which park we're going to be at, but we'd also like to take advantage of EMH as well, but I'm having a hard time finding a schedule of when these are offered. Is there a SET schedule, or does this fluctuate from week to week, month to month, etc...? :confused:

No it isn't every day at each park. EMH are generally held each day but the parks hosting the EMH change from day to day. You can find a list on waltdisneyworld.com. Go to park hours, the EMH will be listed in blue.

hours have them marked. For example, this site has park hours in the Theme Park tab. Click on the appropriate month. As noted at the top of the page, if the hours are in orange lettering it is an AM EMH park - or the park opens an hour earlier than shown for onsite guests. PM EMH (open three hours later than shown) are green. For example

Magic Kingdom 9:00-10:00
Epcot Future World 9:00-9:00
Epcot World Showcase 11:00-9:00
Hollywood Studios 9:00-9:00
Animal Kingdom 9:00-7:00

If you are an onsite guest MK is open from 9AM - 1 AM and Epcot Future World is open 8AM - 9 PM.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm

You typically walk into sickbay and simply state “Computer, activate the EMH.” At that point the EMH comes online via various holographic emitters which are placed throughout sickbay. EMHs have also been known to be transferable to the Holodeck, or can even roam freely via a Mobile Emitter...

(Sorry, I couldn’t resist… :) )

So I'm reading that the schedule gets updated a bit between now and the month it actually occurs.

What changes, exactly? Wondering how much of a backup plan I should have in case hours shift radically.

You typically walk into sickbay and simply state “Computer, activate the EMH.” At that point the EMH comes online via various holographic emitters which are placed throughout sickbay. EMHs have also been known to be transferable to the Holodeck, or can even roam freely via a Mobile Emitter...

"Please state the nature of the medical emergency."

Been re-watching Voyager on Netflix...

1- So I'm reading that the schedule gets updated a bit between now and the month it actually occurs.

2- What changes, exactly?

3- Wondering how much of a backup plan I should have in case hours shift radically.

1- Yup. It happens virtually very month.
And, though not often, it sometimes can happen while you are there.

2- They generally ADD hours and events to the schedule.

3- Don't know what you could do in advance, but since they generally ADD-to the schedule, I think you'll be fine.
Just keep checking back very frequently as your trip approaches, and even during your trip.

"Please state the nature of the medical emergency."

Been re-watching Voyager on Netflix...

I don't think I ever put EMH with EMH until Dan posted this. That's pretty good. :thumbsup2

Would you believe I once got a personal tour of the live Voyager set by the actor who played the EMH? Very nice guy. PM me if you care to here more, so the rest can continue on topic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter