How do discounts work once you've booked?

ekmom

Mouseketeer
Just booked a room only at YC for March 1-9. The price scares me but hopefully a discount will become available. If it does, how does that work? Do I just call to get it?

Just booked a room only at YC for March 1-9. The price scares me but hopefully a discount will become available. If it does, how does that work? Do I just call to get it?

For a room-only, you can call once the discount is available and Disney should apply it. I am unsure how packages work since I don't book those.

I always try to underpay my resort-only room and wait for the Florida Resident discounts to come out. Once available, I call and pay off the remaining balance. If the amount already paid exceeds the cost after discounts, Disney should either refund the difference or offer a gift card.

Yes, you have to call to do it. If the discount is available for your resort/room type, the CM can easily modify your reservation to reflect the discount. With that said, sometimes you have to be flexible with your resort to take advantage of a discount as not every resort and/or every room type is available with a promo. So unless the YC is definitely where you want to stay regardless of whether or not a discount is offered, I would have a 2nd choice in mind just in case what you have booked isn't available.

The price for Port Orleans french quarter is not too bad and then I can apply the discount "when" it happens!! Trying to stay positive!!!:goodvibes

ADR planning comes so quickly that you have to know when you are going 6 months out!!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter