How "Disney" is the Walt Disney World Swan/Donlphin?

I've stayed at the Swolphin a few times on business. They're very good business traveler hotels.

When are you visiting?

That is why we don't stay there when we visit. They are very nice business traveler hotels and remind us of all of the other business hotel we stay at for work; that is the "not disney" part for us and it is a deal breaker

We LOVE, repeat LOVE the Disney owned resorts. Our faves are YC/BC and the Poly. However, with the great rates at the Swan and Dolphin, you can't beat it! This will be our third time...we leave Wednesday.

It feels PLENTY Disney to me. We don't do the dining plan or charge to our room key so that doesn't factor in. You don't get Mickey soaps or shampoo, or hidden Mickey's on the bedspread. But, the hotels are truly a 4 star experience. The location alone, and the great staff, make is DISNEY-ISH to me.

Think about this, you're right there - right beside the YC/BC and the Boardwalk. You are immersed all day long in Disney. They have the Disney in-room TV...stacey's must see's. All you miss is the soap, shampoo, "Disney" bedspreads, THAT'S IT.

PamNC

We LOVE, repeat LOVE the Disney owned resorts. Our faves are YC/BC and the Poly. However, with the great rates at the Swan and Dolphin, you can't beat it! This will be our third time...we leave Wednesday.

It feels PLENTY Disney to me. We don't do the dining plan or charge to our room key so that doesn't factor in. You don't get Mickey soaps or shampoo, or hidden Mickey's on the bedspread. But, the hotels are truly a 4 star experience. The location alone, and the great staff, make is DISNEY-ISH to me.

Think about this, you're right there - right beside the YC/BC and the Boardwalk. You are immersed all day long in Disney. They have the Disney in-room TV...stacey's must see's. All you miss is the soap, shampoo, "Disney" bedspreads, THAT'S IT.

PamNC

I agree.

I will gladly give up the soap, shampoo, & "Disney" bedspreads for those "heavenly beds"!

-------------------------------------------------------------
I love the Swan & Dolpin resorts.

The Swan/Dolphin offen has great rates that cost about as much as a Disney Moderate.

They are real 4 star hotels with stellar service.

They are Deluxe but not as expensive as Disney's Deluxe resorts.

The heavenly beds are ...well heavenly.

The Grotto pool and hot tubs are fun and relaxing.

Plus Epcot and MGM are just a short boat ride or walk away!

From Epcot hop on the monorail and head on over to the MK!

swan100.jpg

dolp2.jpg

dolp43.jpg

dolp5.jpg

dolph21.jpg

swan25.jpg

*note photos are from allearsnet

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

The Dolphin is still a Sheraton and the Swan is still a Westin. And as mentioned above - Sheraton and Westin are part of the Starwood group.

I love the Swan (my preference) and the Dolphin. I've stayed at the Swan 3 times this year, and will be at the Dolphin at the end of the month. I'm glad they aren't over-the-top Disney hotels, because then they'd be crawling with kids! :teeth:

To the OP - if you want "Disneyness" out the wazoo - choose a different resort.

The main drawback for me in not being able to use Magical Express, which is just awesome.

Thanks everybody for your wonderful insight. I don't believe I am going to choose the swan or dolphin. I've never been to disney world, and I don't want to run the risk of my resort not being disney enough.
Mickey soaps mean more to me than you could ever imagine.

Thanks again!

To us it is no different than the CR....the only thing Disney about that place was the monorail (to us anyways). We love the Swolphin because of the location

Can someone tell me if there is Concierge level rooms at the Swan/Dolphin? also can we have our packages sent to the rooms from the parks??

How are the pools do either of them have a zero entry? Do they use the same transportation as the WDW resorts do????

I would like to know about the pool and packages questions, too. Does anyone know? I do know they use Disney transportation and can utilize EMH hours...

Yes, you can have your park purchased packages sent back to the S/D. As for the pool, I don't think it is zero entry. But, I could be wrong. But it is a great pool complex. I 'believe' the only zero entry pools at WDW are at AKL, SAB at the YC/BC and the Polynesian.

We felt guest services, room amenities, & housekeeping was equal to, or better than, any the other Epcot resorts we stayed at. The location puts you within easy walking distance of Epcot, DHS & all the evening fun of the Boardwalk. Seems pretty magical to us!! If we could get a good rate, and if I could pull DW away from our wonderful CSR, we would gladly return to the S/D.

They don't have the theming that the Disney resorts, but IMO they make up for that with their fabulous amenitities. Depending on the time of year you go and what discounts you qualify for, you may pay less to stay there than in the moderates.

The food court type place, Picabu's, is open 24/7. Best of all, it serves Starbucks for your refillable mug. :cloud9: Starbucks is also available in your room.

There are those Heavenly beds. And their toiletries are great! B&BW Coconut Lime Verbena shampoo and lotion, Warm Vanilla Sugar bath soap.

Sheraton, Westin, Four Points are ALL owned by the Starwood corp., making Swan and Dolphin Starwood properties

Starwood manages the hotels but Tishman Hotel Corp owns them. Disney owns the land, Tishman owns the buildings, Starwood manages the hotels.
The two hotels have some of the best restaurants and adult lounges on Disney property...for our enjoyment anyway.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter