How difficult is it to get FPs 30days out for headliners at MK,AK & Epcot?++

Northernlites

Mouseketeer
We have a 6 day ticket and were planning on staying onsite to take advantage of the 60 day window for FP.

However it appears we can rent offsite for much less. My concern is the availability of FPS at 30 days.

We were planning on going the last week of April/first week of May 2018.

We have stayed on site and off site and enjoyed both. We were planning on doing 3 days MK, 2 days Epcot and 1 day AK.

Thoughts?

Note SDM is not a mandatory for this trip as we rode it 3x last year.

You may find the FP FAQ helpful, specifically the Availability post.

I believe the main one you are going to have a problem with is Flight of Passage at AK. Maybe Frozen at Epcot. Magic Kingdom should be fine if you don't care about 7DMT.

I recently moved to Florida so now have an annual pass and only a 30 day window to book FP and frequently decide to attend a park the day before. I have had the best luck picking up difficult fastpasses in the evening the night before. Between 10pm and midnight it seems like a lot of people are sitting in their hotels changing plans. I have always gotten anything I want to book just by refreshing constantly during that period of time

We are staying offsite for Christmas this year and will be in the parks Dec 24-29. At 30 days I was able to get FP for everything we wanted, including 7DMT and Frozen, except one. The only ride I couldn’t get was FOP (as expected!) but I did get Na’vi River Journey. We didn’t get ideal items for 7DMT or Frozen but that’s ok. I was online at 7am every day. Some FP’s were gone in minutes. Christmas week is their busiest time of the year, so I was happy to get our FPs even with staying offsite. Good luck and have a good trip!

River Journey, Flight of Passage and Frozen Ever After could be an issue but with rope drop you could still do them all and save those FP+ for other attraction anyway. You don't NEED a FP+ to do any of those.

Other than that, booking at 30 days won't be an issue so long as you are not sold on booking all of your FP+ for headliners before 11:15 am. Don't shoot for trying to book your first 3 FP+ as early as possible so you can hurry and get to the 4th. Instead, consider pre lunch touring using standby and FP+ after lunch.

We have a 6 day ticket and were planning on staying onsite to take advantage of the 60 day window for FP.

However it appears we can rent offsite for much less. My concern is the availability of FPS at 30 days.

We were planning on going the last week of April/first week of May 2018.

We have stayed on site and off site and enjoyed both. We were planning on doing 3 days MK, 2 days Epcot and 1 day AK.

Thoughts?

Note SDM is not a mandatory for this trip as we rode it 3x last year.

With the exception of FoP, it's easy. We're dedicated off site people, so we are always limited to 30 days. What you may find is that your choices are more limited than you hope for at the 30 day mark...because 60+ day people have taken them. Grab what works best for you and sit tight. Don't bother trying to change them at 25 days out or 20, as not much really changes. But when you start getting to 48 hours or 24 hours out, things start to move. The day of, things are REALLY fluid. We can, and do, get same day FP+ for every single ride in WDW...except FoP. We can get 7DMT, the Mountains, TT, FEA, EE, RnR, Na'vi, etc... Often, we can get them just minutes ahead of time...i.e. get a 3-4pm FP+ at 2:30pm.

We are in the parks on Dec 30 and Jan 2 only, staying offsite. I was on the computer at exactly 7AM and got everything I wanted at 30 days out for Epcot on the 30th. I was on the computer at 7:15 AM and got everything I wanted (Including Space Mtn., and 7DMT but at a late hour). This is for the "busiest" time of the year at the parks. I'm sure you won't have any problems in Apr/May

We are also staying offsite and visiting parks December 30-January 5....insane levels of crowds. I was up at 7 am every day and got everything we wanted except FoP, and I ended up snagging that too a few days later when Disney apparently opened up a bunch of time slots for that week. I even switched everything around to more desirable times after I was able to breathe a minute and study the itinerary. Like you, we have always stayed onsite, so I was a little frantic and nervous about doing them at 30 days, plus I had to do them one day at a time, so I just grabbed the times that were available really quickly. I was just happy they were there! But you're right about it being so much more economical to stay offsite, especially for us with a family of 5 (all teens and young adults), and over New Year's. We are staying in a 3 BR/3 BA townhouse in Windsor Hills for 8 nights for less than $1000. You should do great with your FP's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter