How did you work up your courage?

All this talk of a steamer trunk.....what exactly are they and are they in a cat. 4 room? Anyone have a photo?

On our 7-nt Western last July, we had cabins 5520 & 5522 booked, fully realizing that they did not connect. I checked with our DisBoard group:surfweb:, and regularly checked the DCL website in the hopes that 5524 would miraculously open up. It didn't. :confused3
I wrote up a very politely worded letter ahead of time mentioning that 5522 & 5524 were connecting, and that 5524 actually had a more obstructed view than 5520. I left this in their fish extender. I asked if they would graciously consider swapping rooms, and that I would certainly make it worth their while by buying them a bottle of wine, or spa treatment (not everyone drinks? :rotfl2:)

We checked in early, and in my letter I had given my cell phone number, (we were in port after all), and if they would consider swapping to give me a call. Well, I did get a call, and the wonderful family from Iowa was quite happy to swap:wizard:, so I went down and met up with them. We went to guest services, and got the KTTW cards fixed. They actually refused my offer of the wine / spa treatment. They even tried to give us our Castaway Cay gifts which had obviously been placed in 5520 ahead of time. I just said, please keep them! I was so grateful that they had agreed to swap. I ran into them many times during the cruise, and they said that 5520 was the best room ever, and they were so glad that they had agreed to do it. (And they loved the Castaway Club Gifts!)
So, I say, even if you do not manage to sort it out ahead of time, most people are wonderful, and will help out, if approached nicely. :love::flower3:

i wouldn't switch, you should book the room you want, pay extra if need be to get what you want. imagine giving up your room for a lesser room not achance in hell ~ also i think its rude to ask - makes you look selfish sorry just my opinion

I certainly mean no disrespect:hug:, and I note that you are fairly new to the DisBoards (by the number of posts you have made), but in actual fact 5520 / 5020 are the least obstructed SPH rooms, and if you only had 1x room booked, why would you ever want a connector? (5022 / 5024 & 5522 / 5524)which gives infinitely more chance for next door noise, and quite a difference as far as obstructed view goes? :confused3 It's not selfish, and in fact, it is win / win for both parties.

By agreeing to swap, families get a connecting room where it is easier to keep an eye on what's going on, and single room cruisers have a far less obstructed view, and less noise from the neighbors. :thumbsup2

I didnt even think about this kind of thing, I have a connecting room, and I dont need it, if there was someone on one side of me, that wanted to be connected with the person on the OTHER side, I would definitely switch. As long as the room was EXACTLY the same, I mean I wouldnt want a room where the view was obstructed or something, but right now Im booked on the Wonder for 2/7 in a Cat 5 room on Deck 7. Moving one room over, would be no biggy to me.

I certainly mean no disrespect:hug:, and I note that you are fairly new to the DisBoards (by the number of posts you have made), but in actual fact 5520 / 5020 are the least obstructed SPH rooms, and if you only had 1x room booked, why would you ever want a connector? (5022 / 5024 & 5522 / 5524)which gives infinitely more chance for next door noise, and quite a difference as far as obstructed view goes? :confused3 It's not selfish, and in fact, it is win / win for both parties.

By agreeing to swap, families get a connecting room where it is easier to keep an eye on what's going on, and single room cruisers have a far less obstructed view, and less noise from the neighbors. :thumbsup2

Because in this case it might be because of the steamer trunk. There IS one in 5022 but not in 5020. That is valuable storage for a lot of people.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter