• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How did you score BOG dinner?

bcbg11

Mouseketeer
Just curious! I see several people on here were in fact lucky enough to get BOG for dinner. I tried both online at open and called at open and they said there is absolutely nothing, even if we separate our party of 6. Any tips to try to get this before our trip?

I guess I just got lucky. I called at 180+3 days (staying onsite) and got an 8:30 time slot. Way later than I would have liked but I'll take it!

I went online at 180+10 and booked it.

A few weeks later we wanted to add a second BOG dinner and booked that online too.

I called at 7 on the dot (online didn't work for me) and I asked for BOG first, for the last day of my vacation. I planned for it that way, hoping that I would be lucky further out in my +10.

Just curious! I see several people on here were in fact lucky enough to get BOG for dinner. I tried both online at open and called at open and they said there is absolutely nothing, even if we separate our party of 6. Any tips to try to get this before our trip?

Originally my TA booked us one for 9pm on our last night in the park, it was way later than we wanted so we kept trying, i followed the cancellation thread for our travel month (august) and someone cancelled an earlier time, we were able to grab it by calling at the same time they cancelled. It really was luck of timing.

I went online at 180+10 and booked it.

A few weeks later we wanted to add a second BOG dinner and booked that online too.

WOW! When do you travel? Wondering is it an off week? Lucky indeed. Yeah, I was online the second my 180 +10 window opened this morning and when I couldn't get it there, I called at 7 Florida time the sec the phones opened. I had to wait 20 minutes though for an answer. The rep was able to improve most of my reservation times on the phone but sadly couldn't do anything for me on BOG. She said the entire first week of December is booked solid.

Originally my TA booked us one for 9pm on our last night in the park, it was way later than we wanted so we kept trying, i followed the cancellation thread for our travel month (august) and someone cancelled an earlier time, we were able to grab it by calling at the same time they cancelled. It really was luck of timing.

Can you please direct me to the cancellation thread?

I booked on-line using the old website. I called and checked on-line (new website) for over 40 days with no luck at all. I tried only a couple of times on-line using the old website and was able to get the reservation I wanted. I have no idea if using the old website is better or if I just got lucky!

I called right at 7am on my 180+10 day, it was the first restaurant I asked about, any time, any day of my trip. Got a 6:30 time on my 1st choice of day. :yay:

I booked on-line using the old website. I called and checked on-line (new website) for over 40 days with no luck at all. I tried only a couple of times on-line using the old website and was able to get the reservation I wanted. I have no idea if using the old website is better or if I just got lucky!

Nancy, how do I get to the old website? It it still available? Or no longer in service?

I saw people recommend this a few times, but no matter what I tried, I can't seem to get anything other than the new site. Is there a trick to it?

Darn. The old site won't work for me. It keeps saying I must be a resort guest to make those reservations! Even though my reservation are right there in front of my nose.

I got super lucky yesterday. Yesterday was my 180+10. I was on my computer at 4:55am (CST) waiting for reservations to open. I pull up BOG first and lo and behold, the page freezes. There were two times available but I couldn't do anything. By the time I closed the page and got started again they were both gone! I kept checking while booking the rest of the reservations and the only date that would show up with availability was December 7th but that wouldn't have worked for me and our party (3 people). Note: there was plenty of availability for a party of 2 though. I called and the lady didn't have any luck finding anything. At 9:06am, I logged in to the old site and I decided to check one more time and what comes up, a 4:05pm reservation at BoG for 3 people. :yay::woohoo::banana::cheer2:

I say if you didn't get one on your first try, just keep trying. Keep calling. Check every day multiple times a day. Whatever is necessary if you really want it :rotfl::wizard:

When I booked our trip, it was already 160 days out. I checked daily, multiple times a day, for weeks. Finally, one opened up.

I got to my 180 plus ten day window; I logged in the information right away, and poised my finger over the button so I could pull up a ressie online as soon as 6 am rolled around.

It was my first reservation made and it was all I cared about; I nailed it.

Yesterday was my 180 day. I had no trouble using the Disney website to book our reservations. I think I logged on around 5:20 am Chicago time, which was 6:20 Eastern. I made all my other reservations first, since I didn't really plan on trying for BOG. Then I decided to see if it was available for one of our free days, Dec 2nd, and it was, so I booked it. Now I'm really glad I got it, since in my heart I knew I really wanted to go there. My confirmation for BOG was sent at 6:06 central time, 7:60 Eastern, just around the time the phone in reservation line is open in Orlando. I think being able to get the reservation in before the call in people did might have helped.

I must have lucked out because I was able to get December 10 when I booked my 180+10 this morning. We planned to do BOG for lunch, figuring dinner would be impossible to get. After getting a late start on my ADR's after failing to take into account the three hour time difference, I decided spur of the moment to plug in BOG dinner and was shocked to see a 5:10pm time pop up. We're doing MVMCP that night and this will be a great start to the evening. Just checked a few minutes ago and times were still available for that night and the few days before. Now I'll continue to stalk the Wishes Dessert Party thread waiting for December to open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter