how did you learn about disboards?

I learned about the DIS boards on Dave's site. The threads have been so helpful in helping me plan our next cruise. Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge!

I found the DIS thru TUG - Timeshare User's Group - http://www.tug2.net/ :wave: I believe Dean from DIS and TUG posted the link......
After my 12/02 New Years Cruise :boat: I realized I wanted to go again and wanted to know EVERYTHING about DCL before I went again.....and thanks to everyone here, that is what happened!

TUG is to timesharing as DIS is to Disney - EVERYTHING you need to know :jester:

(Well, Pat, that explains the AIM handle!...) :love1:

Yahoo search here, right after I booked. I wanted to know everything DCL, and enjoy every minute of the next 7 months planning for my first cruise! And boy, how great it was to find equally obsessive people here on the boards! one post, and I was addicted! (I keep waiting for the internet police at my work to bust into my office and seize my computer for abusing my internet privileges with constant DIS'ing!!!) :badpc: :blush: :rolleyes: pirate:

I had a broken arm, my left thank goodness it wasn't my right. I spent my days surfing the web. It was Jan.2000. I did a search for Castaway Club and found Barb's infancy web site. She recommended this web site. I have been on it ever since, almost 5 years, ouch! Time flys by when you are surfing. Kathy

I did a google on Disney cruises right after we booked our first cruise and found this site. I have been hooked ever since! :rolleyes:

Well....I was looking on webshots for pictures posted of Disney Cruise Line because we had just booked our 2nd one and I saw some pictures that Verandahman had posted there. There was a picture of his computer screen showing a countdown clock which I really wanted to have on my computer so I got out my magnifying glass and looked on the picture at the web address and that's how I found the disboards! Have been here every day since!

cantsitstill said:
Well....I was looking on webshots for pictures posted of Disney Cruise Line because we had just booked our 2nd one and I saw some pictures that Verandahman had posted there. There was a picture of his computer screen showing a countdown clock which I really wanted to have on my computer so I got out my magnifying glass and looked on the picture at the web address and that's how I found the disboards! Have been here every day since!
Dawn, THAT is determination!!! :earboy2:

DH found it through a Yahoo search. I was stressing over unknown cruise details and excursion decisions, so he had me check it out. I had been over on the wdwinfo site for our previous WDW trip, can't believe I missed the DIS, guess I just wasn't paying attention! Anyway, DH has had his computer time significantly reduced, since, regrettably, I am now a DIS addict! I lurk often, post occasionally, and have been very grateful for all the good information I have received on these boards!

missmulan said:
this should be interesting to find out where we heard about disboards. i'll always be grateful to the person on ebay for telling me about this site. these forums taught me so much about our first DCL cruise!

Somebody from a fantasy baseball board told me about it.

I found the DIS quite by accident. I had bought a used lap top computer on eBay, when it arrived I loaded NetZero as my IP and I saw a link for Cruise Critic. I started reading about DCL on one of the forums and read a trip report that had a link to the DIS, I clicked that on and the rest, as they say, is DISboard history, LOL!!!

As many have said, I've been hooked ever since!!! :D

A teacher at my children's school told me about it! I don't know whether to thank her or curse her since I am totally addicted! My husband and all of my friends make fun of me so much. I was already a Disney fanatic- now I am also a DIS fanatic!

It did feel really good and probably saved me some therapy to find so many others like me! :cool1:

My former next door neighbor told me after i booked my first trip for June 2003, and I have been telling everyone ever since.

Found DIS on a Gougle search after our first DCL cruise. That led us to Dave's DCL Tribute and Barb & Tony's CastawayClub sites.
If you can't find the answer between these 3 great sites, the question has never been asked.

:earsboy::earsgirl::Pinkbounc:bounce:

I also found this board doing a disney search. And have received valuable information before our first cruise this past August. It's amazing how patient the people on this board are, always responding to new posters even thought the questions have been asked thousands of times. I have found you all to be great group of people.

Sorta like everyone else. We happened to be at WDW when 9/11 occurred and were so impressed with the way CMs handled everything, it further (as if possible) sparked our Disney interest. A google search on Disney found these boards.

Word of mouth. Hubby told me about it (when we were still just dating). He had heard about it from friends of his back in Michigan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter