How did you get the DVC artwork on the auto stickers?

disynut

DIS Veteran
I've been to the site, and it looks like everyone here did the custom sticker. Is that right? Did you just send them a picture of the artwork you wanted?

Just curious-

Thanks-
Jennifer

I only took a quick look at the site where you can order the Stickers and didn't see an option for artwork. I only saw descriptions on thier site (and here in the posts) that they are just the oval type with three letters. I have seen many stickers like this around like IRL for Ireland and stuff like that, so I was assuming that people were just order the stickers with DVC in black on white with a black border around the oval.

I was thinking of getting either a DVC sticker or a VWL sticker. but would be happy if there is a way to get some artwork on there. I would love to get the DVC logo behind the DVC wording on a sticker! I hope someone will reply to this thread and clarify this about artwork or if they are just plain lettering.

Mike

I am certain these are just a white oval with the letters DVC on them.

If you travel in Europe you'll notice that cars traveling into different countries have the white oval with three letter country designation on it on the back of their vehicles. I don't remember all of them but I think they were something like this:

England = GBR
France = FRA
Germany = DEU
Italy = ITA
Spain = ESP

and so on.

If you took your car to Europe to travel around, I believe the sticker is USA. I'm not certain but I believe these are mandatory if you take your car to another country. Perhaps one of our European DVC'ers can clarify.

So a 'custom' sticker simply has DVC on it, or OKW, etc, whatever you'd like. These are not the Disney color mountain oval. Another poster had checked and apparently to get a custom oval like the actual DVC logo was a $150.00 set-up charge, or something like that.

Now if Disney and DVC are listening, maybe there's a market out here they could tap into. Meanwhile, if it were myself wanting one, it seems it wouldn't be too hard to just photograph or scan an image of one. Play around with it on your computer a little using any number of graphics programs out there, printing it, getting it laminated, and then putting adhesive or a magnetic backing on it and you've got your own custom sticker.

Personally, I never put 'stickers' on my cars, DVC or otherwise. However you should see the nice customized DVC license plate frame I had made......:D

well I just checked the site out again. You can order the oval ones in different sizes with up to FIVE letter in the middle and TWENTY cahracters dscription along the bottom curve (and Disney
Vacation Club is EXACTLY 20 chars).

You can also order custon ones, but some posted there is a setup fee which the ovals ones do not have. I did not see this on the site, but I didn't start the custom order process.

SO I think I will be getting VWL with DVC written out as the description on the bottom of the oval.

Mike

I was one of the people looking into this, and there was no "set-up" charge as long as you e-mailed the graphic to them that you wanted. It was $67 for 25 custom stickers in the largest size available with full color artwork. I actually placed the order Friday. The only problem was, they can not,or will not, "enlarge" a graphic because it gets pixelated, so I either have to e-mail him back, and re-order the smaller size, or somehow send the graphic as an Adobe file (which is a non-vector based program - whatever the hell that means) so I am still working on this. But the print out of my order mentions nothing about a $150 set-up fee, nor did I see that while on the website. I will go and check again, and if that is true, and they were just going to charge me that without telling me then I'll forget the whole thing!

I just placed an order for four oval stickers. I got two with DVC and Disney Vacation Club on the bottom, and the other two have VWL and Disney vacation Club on the bottom. I got the medium size so it was $20 total with the shipping for the four. I think $5 each is not too bad a price for custom stickers.

Mike

My order had no letters on it at all (or writing). Just the DVC logo

Mikescott8 or Wheeler:

Can you post a picture of your stickers or what you sent them when you ordered?

Sounds like a lot of us are having trouble visualizing what these look like.

Thanks.

Thanks to everyone for replying! I just couldn't get my blonde head to follow everything that was going on with those stickers!!!LOL!!

Wheeler, I have PM'd you about the stickers too.

Thanks again guys!!

Jennifer:pinkbounc

Wheeler did you get the sticker and did it help you ?

I will post photos of the stickers once I receive them. for people to see what they look like. Hopefully they will be coming the next few days, and I can get the photos taken and up for viewing.

Mike

Hey, MikeScott, Neighbor!

Now what website do you get these stickers at???? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter