How did you first hear of Michael Jackson's cardiac arrest/death?

I was sitting in Medieval Times in Orlando and one of my friends got a text. I didn't really believe it until I got back to the hotel and turned on the news, though.

I had texted a friend of mine earlier in the day to let him know Farrah had died. He called me on my way home and said, "Wow, sure was the day for celebrity deaths. I guess you heard about Michael Jackson?"

I thought it was the beginning of a joke, so I waited for the punchline. None came.

When I got home the news channels were reporting him as being in a coma. Only TMZ was saying Michael had died.

And I got sadder as the day wore on. :sad1:

i was working for chacha and i received a question that said "is michael jackson dead". i did a web search, found nothing, and sent back an answer that there was no news on michael jackson, but that farrah fawcett had died that morning. i sent in that answer and as soon as i did, the next question came up and it said "did michael jackson die?" so i searched again and there was the story on TMZ. it had been posted less than a minute before. i was shocked. i still am. how awful for his children.

I saw the thread here that he was in cardiac arrest. I refreshed the page and the person that started the thread updated it saying he was dead. I didn't really believe it b/c it wasn't on any of the major news channels yet. A few minutes later I went to CNN.com and they confirmed it.:sad1:

My dd's friend called her to tell her he was found in his home dead. I didn't believe it so I came here to see if it was true. At that time he wasn't confirmed as being dead, just that he had been taken to the hospital.

We were actually at the Saratoga Springs bus stop at Typhoon Lagoon waiting for our bus when a woman on her cell-phone was telling some-one else the news.

Seems like there is always someone dying while we are here on vacation! This trip there have been three celebrity deaths...so far.

Jill

DH was driving home yesterday and he called me on his cell, teasing me about some celeb who'd died. I guessed it was Farrah Fawcett and he said, "Well yes. She did pass away. But somebody else did too." And I couldn't figure out for the life of me who it was. Finally I flipped the TV over to MSNBC and they were showing clips of the hospital and Micheal's house and things of that nature. I couldn't believe it. I was truly shocked. My mouth fell open and tears rolled down my face.

DS came over and wiped my face with his hands, asking if I was ok. I just hugged him and kissed him and told him, yes Mommy will be fine. I'd been laid up on the couch most of the day with an ear infection and a fever watching re-runs, so I hadn't see the news at all.

As we drove to the clinic last night to get medicine for my ear, we blasted Micheal's music in the car with the windows rolled down. I'm sure we got some odd looks, but it was our way of remembering him.

Micheal Jackson was such a major part of my growing up years. My stepfather owned "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" which we listened to all the time. At one point, somebody gave me a copy of "Off the Wall" on cassette (god remember those?:hippie:) and I listened to it until the tape fell apart. I had a book called "Magical Micheal Jackson" which was sort of a biography, a prize I'd won in a reading contest. I remember singing his music, watchng his videos on MTV. The first time I saw "Thriller" it freaked me right the heck out. But I loved it.

Later, when I was older, my friends and I would go to a local mini-golf place and my favorite video game was always "Micheal Jackson's MoonWalker". I never got very good at it, but I always enjoyed playing it.

I can't believe he's gone..the world is a little dimmer without his bright light.

We have CNN on at work all day long and we watched the events unfold. I learned he had died just as I was leaving to go home.

One of my patients told me that they'd been doing CPR on him and I knew he was a goner. The actual confirmation was no surprise.

I can't believe all the media hoopla over this. :crazy:

I just happened to turn to my local news at 7:00 p.m and was shocked at what I was seeing. Michael Jackson dead at age 50. I'm still in shock!! What a tragedy!

my boyfriend and i are moving in together right now, and we were in his room where he lives now, packing clothes. i was laying on the bed and fell asleep. i think he might have taken a nap too. but i heard my phone ring, and she was calling to tell me about something and she goes "oh, did you hear about michael jackson?" i said no, and she said he'd had a heart attack and died.

we had been in our new city paying bills all day and we don't listen to the radio (his car can play his ipod through the speakers) and we hadn't watched the news, so i didn't hear about it until about six pm that night.

I was at work, on the phone with computer support when he told me. I didn't believe him, thought he was mistaken.

I was a business meeting at another company during the time he died. When I got in my car a DJ on XM 20 on 20 announced his death.

I was in a meeting at work when someone chimed in telling us he was taken to the hospital. One co worker said she read on TMZ that he was already dead but I refused to believe it till I read it on CNN... popcorn::

Then I turned on the DIS, the next best thing to CNN.;) And it was confirmed.

:sad1:

I was at work and my DD13 called me to say he went into cardiac arrest, and she was pretty upset.
About 5 minutes later, she called back at the same time a co-workers son text her to say he passed....

:(

On the radio coming home from camp. The announcer said well they go in threes... 1st Ed McMahon, then Farrah Faucett this morning (which I didn't know b/c no tv/radio at camp) then he said they had received word of MJ suffering from a cardiac arrest-no word. About 3 minutes later...they said his death was confirmed. Made it home & turned on FOX...they said he was in a coma & a few minutes later he had passed. Very sad...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter