how did you find dis? have you recomened dis?

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by mommiepoppins, Jul 10, 2006.

1. mommiepoppins

mommiepoppins <font color=red>I miss sitting in a bucket

I really do not know how I found this site I think through Deb page which I typed on google disney on a budget and here I am

I have given this web site out to other disney fans how about you? :grouphug:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. familyfirsttimer

familyfirsttimer Not my 1st time anymore! I'm hooked for life!!!!

A mom of a fellow pre-schooler of my DD gave me a few guide maps and 3 website to visit before our 1st trip last year. From then on, I am here constantly (yes-it is an addiction that I need a 12-stp for, but not until after my Aug trip! LOL!!!)

Do I give to to thers? 100%!!!! My sister tease me all the time when I tell them something cool I have found. They ask "How did you hear about that?" I usually hesitate for a second and they say "Oh, yeah the boards!"

I do have to say, these boards are SO GREAT!!!

4. Swimnoid

Swimnoid DIS Veteran

once when I was standing in lnie at RR a lady behind me told me about the Dis. That was probably 7 years ago?

I've told LOTS of people about it but none of them are Disney Freaks like me so I dont think many have become hooked.

5. Tissa

Tissa DIS Veteran

I did a google search when we decided to go on our first trip back in 04 and found the Dis. I've told anyone interested on planning a Disney trip about the Dis.

6. Mousema

Mousema DIS Veteran

I found it through Unofficial Guide. And yes, I have told my girlfriends and co-workers about it.:cool1:

7. jazstar87

jazstar87 <font color=<"red">According to the Tag Fairy's wa

i think i was searching google on disney, but i can't remember it was almost three years ago, Since then my mom has join, my sister has join, my uncle has joined and my cousin...

8. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

I can't remember either, but I know I'm alot poorer because of it :teeth: (even with all the great discounts) :rolleyes:

9. BlindTyldak

BlindTyldak WoW-geek

Another from the Unofficial Guide. :)

10. WeLuvDisney05

WeLuvDisney05 Mouseketeer

On one of the Yahoo homeschool boards that I joined....one day they were talking about Disney & someone mentioned the Dis. I came, I lurked, I joined, Now I'm Hooked for life! :disrocks:

11. Ellen aka Snow White

Ellen aka Snow White <font color=blue>I AM LIVING IN MY MINI-VAN!!!<br>

Although my post count does not reflect it - I found this board right about the time Pete created it - I was actually a chat host for a while.

I do not know how I found the site - probably through a search engine.

Originally I was simply Snow White and then we went through the re-registering process and someone else beat me to Snow White, therefore I became Ellen aka Snow White :thumbsup2

Every time someone mentions planning a trip - I refer them here - and tell them there is not a better place to get the REAL information they need to make for a magical trip!! :banana:

Ellen

12. dizydreamer

dizydreamer Mouseketeer

I was on Yahoo looking Disney.com for info and this came up. I read and read and read some more. I just had to join. This is my kind of home. :thumbsup2

13. Donald - my hero

Donald - my hero <font color=blue>Aww yes. The dreaded "mouse hand"

Don't remember how I found the boards, just remember being THRILLED when i did. I saved us over half of our hotel costs (stayed off site and you should have seen face of guy signing out when we did! :furious: ) We learned about Christmas season and postponed our trip a week so we could see decorations :santa: We knew we were wanting to stay a few nights on site but kids too old to sleep together -- found out here about what was then called Dixie Landings with trundle bed. Oh and one last thing .... THE INFAMOUS MUGS :drinking1

14. laura001

laura001 DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>I had my birthday 2

I used to be on another site which has since closed down (not sure why exactly). I had taken a break from the WDW stuff because I knew I wouldn't be going to WDW for awhile.

When I went to go back onto the other site and found it no longer existed I contacted a friend of mine from there and she led me to this site! Thank Goodness!!!! :sunny:

15. Thinktinknpixiedust

Thinktinknpixiedust DIS Veteran

Last year, spring, while doing some planning for our summer trip to Disney I must have Googled Disney and tada!! I have been hooked ever since. And yes.... I tell everyone about the Dis, even people that are not interested. Hey it may come in handy some day!!

16. sharon the magic

sharon the magic Earning My Ears

I also googled Disney about 2 month ago and found the DIS. Ever since, I have been hooked on it like crack! My DF makes fun of me when I tell him all of the things the DIS has helped me with. He thinks I'm a big geek! I don't care though.:)

17. Scot-n-Michelle

Scot-n-Michelle Mouseketeer

My fiance went to the book store to buy a book on Disney and a very nice woman told him about this site - ever since then we have both been hooked. :bounce:

18. uhtimex

uhtimex DIS Veteran

I was just surfing Disney searches and hear I am. I have told a couple of others but I think they don't have the Disney bug Like we do :thumbsup2

19. Harvest02

Harvest02 DIS Veteran

I think I found it through a search engine before our last trip. I have become addicted to Disney now!!! My husband is having a hard time putting up with me, but my kids love me talking about Disney all the time. I have recommended this board to some of my friends planning trips in the future. Don't know if they have looked at the boards yet, but I know it has been helpful for me!!! So many great tips and ideas! Thanks to everyone!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. mommiepoppins

mommiepoppins <font color=red>I miss sitting in a bucket

what was life before google? and dis? lol

21. byoung

byoung <font color=coral>You are keeping us alive<br><br>

Looking for AP discounts sites.