How did Kerry get an Honorable Discharge?

Originally posted by LauraR
You know if John Kerry's actions in Vietnam, and opposing it afterwards, were so objectionable, then why was John McCain (a man who spent 7 years in a North Vietnamese prison camp) willing to work with him on POW issues, and to re-establish relations with Vietnam?

Guilty conscience?

Edited to add that "Democrats.com" says he hasn't but the majority of reports claim that he has.

NPR was reporting the other day that he hadn't. what are these other reports that you reference?

Originally posted by WDSearcher
Y'know, Rokkitsci ... since you feel so incredibly strongly about this and feel that Mr. Bush has been so egregiously treated by the press in this case, why don't YOU take it to the media? A letter to the editor, a call to Reuters, an e-mail to CNN -- something. You've wrapped so much anger and passion into this whole military service thing that you should take it to the local papers and the national news and give them all this info and demand that they address it. You might not get any interest, but you never know. You could have facts and theories that no one else has even seen or gotten into. You could have put together the loose pieces in a way no one else has ever tried. I mean, good God -- he could have FAKED three Purple Hearts and NO ONE has unearthed this until NOW? With all of the attention that was put on Kerry's and Bush's military service around convention time and directly afterwards, and no one found anything to indicate this gross miscarriage of military justice? How can that be? You HAVE to go to the press. You could break this campaign wide open!

And if nothing else, you can come back and rant that the press would not take the story you were handing them on a silver platter, once more proving that there is not fairness in the media. You win either way.

Yup, if I were you ... I'd take it to the press myself.

:earsboy:

Sorry = my anger is directed at the media who ignore anything negative about Kerry and promote anything negative about Bush.
They know about it = they just ignore it and attack anyone trying to make the facts known.

Kerry is just an empty suit political opportunist - and is acting like one. Anger at him is misplaced. My anger is toward those who abet him.

Once again - the Dems get in an uproar if anyone remotely says something negative about Kerry , but they can sit there and call the president names- idiot ,etc.

There is a better way to debate then just to call the President names. I don't see the Reps calling Kerry names - they just attack his record or the lack there of.

I don't see the Reps calling Kerry names - they just attack his record or the lack there of.

are you serious? trust me, the "dems" don't have the market cornered on this one. have you not seen the threads comparing kerry to herman munster? or calling john edwards a girly-man because of some footage of him getting his hair done?

Originally posted by Jennifer S
Once again - the Dems get in an uproar if anyone remotely says something negative about Kerry , but they can sit there and call the president names- idiot ,etc.

There is a better way to debate then just to call the President names. I don't see the Reps calling Kerry names - they just attack his record or the lack there of.

Whoa! Talk about selective listening/reading ! John Kerry and John Edwards both have been continously ridiculed for their appearances, and the people who plan on voting for them have been ridiculed and have had their intelligence questioned.

Both sides have been equally guilty with the rhetoric and mudslinging

Originally posted by caitycaity
NPR was reporting the other day that he hadn't. what are these other reports that you reference?

This is one of those interesting stories that is reported right down the party line as best I can tell. All of the sites that publish a story that says he did sign it are conservative publications and blogs. All of those that claim that he didn't are liberal. I had not heard that NPR reported it (if they don't report it on Car Talk, I don't generally hear what NPR has to say ;) ). Since that is the first "non-partisan" source I've heard or from any side, it probably needs to be given more credence.

i love car talk! :o

i just want to be clear that i don't know whether he signed it or not. npr could certainly be wrong. however, like you said, they are relatively non-partisan.

In reference to the OP, I can't speak for others but I know my focus is on the last 4 years, the present, and the near future when it comes to this election.

I don't care about the semantics regarding who did what 30yrs ago, don't care about the DUI, or Laura Bush selling pot. It's a huge source of frustration for me that neither side can seem to put it behind them and move on.

I did miss the Herman Munster thing and i always wondered what that girly man thing was (thanks for clearing it up for me). I do tune out when it turns to name calling. I just can't wait for the election to be over.

Originally posted by Jennifer S
I did miss the Herman Munster thing and i always wondered what that girly man thing was (thanks for clearing it up for me). I do tune out when it turns to name calling. I just can't wait for the election to be over.
And then there's a post on the DIS where someone compared Kerry to Hitler. That one's my favorite. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by WDSearcher
And then there's a post on the DIS where someone compared Kerry to Hitler. That one's my favorite. :rolleyes:

Hey! Wait a minute!!! I though Bush was supposed to be Hitler? Can we let Kerry be Mussolini?

Originally posted by Crankyshank
In reference to the OP, I can't speak for others but I know my focus is on the last 4 years, the present, and the near future when it comes to this election.

I don't care about the semantics regarding who did what 30yrs ago, don't care about the DUI, or Laura Bush selling pot. It's a huge source of frustration for me that neither side can seem to put it behind them and move on.

I am in complete agreement with you - I bring this up ONLY because of the intense media and democrat focus on Bush's last month of service in Alabama, while Kerry has really SERIOUS problems in his record that go completely ignored.

The GOP certainly didn't start the investigation into 30 year old service records.

Maybe the reason they are going ignored is because this
is a non-issue.

At this point in the election, if Kerry had been "dishonorably"
discharged,one would think it would have come out by now. I mean, ABC,NBC, CBS have all been mentioned.....what about FoxNews, if it's such a story as "heard" on AOL, one would think thefair and balanced FoxNews would have jumped all over it
by now.

The only top level person in this administration who has ANY
credentials to criticize or question Kerry's service would be
Colin Powell, and to my knowledge he has not.

People still obsessed with making Kerry look bad about his
service are grasping at straws and look desperate.

Originally posted by mudhen
People still obsessed with making Kerry look bad about his
service are grasping at straws and look desperate.

That saying can work both ways.

The Dems won't let up on Bush either, even going so far as the forged memo fiasco. I would call that an act of desperation.

Originally posted by Grog
That saying can work both ways.

The Dems won't let up on Bush either, even going so far as the forged memo fiasco. I would call that an act of desperation.
But isnt' the "forged memo fiasco" ancient history now? I mean ... has it turned up in the media at all over the past couple of weeks, except as a slam to CBS? In fact ... has Bush's military record appeared in campaign rhetoric since that happened? Sure hasn't down here in Florida. No one has mentioned word one about his military record, and the Dems have been campaigning pretty hard.

So, in absence of any mention of Bush in the military over at least the past month, it does seem a bit petty that people are STILL harping on Kerry's discharge and / or medals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter