How did I get upgraded???

SNicksed

DIS Veteran
We are on the 2 night NYC cruise next Friday. It has been sold out for quite some time, besides the occasional verandah room showing up.

We originally booked in a 10B GTY and were assigned a 10B around the 35 day mark. Today, I got a call from DCL telling me they were giving us a complimentary upgrade to a 9A cabin on deck 6!:cool1:

I've been checking the website regularly for a window room to possibly upgrade and one never showed up! Love the pixie dust!!!:banana:

Happy Pixie dust to you!

We were once upgraded from a 5c to a 4a... I loved it so much we now always get a 4 cabin!

it sounds like they may have needed your cat 10 room for something or someone else. That's what happened when I got upgraded from a 9 to a 6 in 2007 they phoned me two days before I was going to leave for the cruise.

Sometimes they do this to accommodate parties traveling together who want to be near each other but only guarantees were left. Disney does what it can to accommodate - and occassionaly rains down some pixie dust in the process. Congratuations!

I was also called about an upgrade on the 15th 2-night cruise but because I was doing a B2B on the 10th she upgraded both cruises. Cat 9B to Cat5B. Love that pixie dust. ;)

I was also called about an upgrade on the 15th 2-night cruise but because I was doing a B2B on the 10th she upgraded both cruises. Cat 9B to Cat5B. Love that pixie dust. ;)

Congrats on the upgrade!

Does anyone know if they call you & if they don't reach you, then you don't get it?

DCL called me twice in a row, but I was on an important call & didn't know who was on the other line. When I saw the 407 area code, I got sooo excited. When I got through 10 minutes after their original call, the DCL rep couldn't figure out why they had called me. :confused3

My cruise is on the 10th. We never do GTY b/c I'm afraid of getting a bad spot all the way aft or forward b/c I suffer from sea sickness even w/ patches, meds, etc.

Congrats on the upgrade!

Does anyone know if they call you & if they don't reach you, then you don't get it?

DCL called me twice in a row, but I was on an important call & didn't know who was on the other line. When I saw the 407 area code, I got sooo excited. When I got through 10 minutes after their original call, the DCL rep couldn't figure out why they had called me. :confused3

My cruise is on the 10th. We never do GTY b/c I'm afraid of getting a bad spot all the way aft or forward b/c I suffer from sea sickness even w/ patches, meds, etc.

Not sure about this, but we always booked via a travel agent (or assign our booking to one when we book onboard). We've been upgraded twice and both times DCL contacted the travel agent, so we never have to worry abot missing a call. :)

Congrats on you're pixie dust !!!
Do they always call you? I thought they just "did it " and you found out at embarkation? :confused3

Wow! That's GREAT!! :thumbsup2

Congrats on the upgrade!

When I answered the phone, the CM said she was going to "leave a message for the xxxx family". After I got off the phone, I went and checked the website and the upgrade was already on there.

How awesome. I'm doing a back to back and will be happy with my room choice, but an upgrade on both would be awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter