How crowded is the 3rd week in October ?

We're at the Contemporary, our Bucket List. Tried to find a room for the following week so son could come home for Fall Break, but no rooms available! Expecting a big crowd. Wish our anniversary wasn't at such a busy time of year! We're going without son, but I hope to come back at a slow time with the whole family, NOT IN OCTOBER!

I never expect Disney to be empty, obviously, but the last trip had wait times for pretty much every attraction not titled "Toy Story Mania" or "Soarin" around 15-20 minutes and it was wonderful. Hoping it's somewhat close to that.

The last time I went in Oct Toy Story was 200 min wait. Not 20 but 200. :scared:

Wait that doesn't right. Hubby said it was 2.5 wait. lol Sorry.

the kids are all back in school in Fl right now, they went back this past Monday. they get a little break in Oct. around Columbus day UNLESS, they loose days due to hurricaines in Sept.
Plus you have food and wine at epcot... which is awesome IMHO. Oct. is a strange month, weather wise, if the high pressure pattern stays the way it is, Oct will be as warm as it was last year... Do not miss the halloween party! its great fun, and go during the week so it's not as crowded. make sure you are sitting in front of the castle for the parade! Not teling why muhahahaha.
The european traffic should be down a little, or it tyically is during a olympic year... It will pick back up during the first of the year as those kids get a month off from Xmas until end of Jan. about. like Dec 22 or so until like Jan 14-18, in there somewhere. frm JAn 7th until end of Feb WDW is a ghost town. wet cold and winter.

the kids are all back in school in Fl right now, they went back this past Monday. they get a little break in Oct. around Columbus day UNLESS, they loose days due to hurricaines in Sept.
Plus you have food and wine at epcot... which is awesome IMHO. Oct. is a strange month, weather wise, if the high pressure pattern stays the way it is, Oct will be as warm as it was last year... Do not miss the halloween party! its great fun, and go during the week so it's not as crowded. make sure you are sitting in front of the castle for the parade! Not teling why muhahahaha.
The european traffic should be down a little, or it tyically is during a olympic year... It will pick back up during the first of the year as those kids get a month off from Xmas until end of Jan. about. like Dec 22 or so until like Jan 14-18, in there somewhere. frm JAn 7th until end of Feb WDW is a ghost town. wet cold and winter.

I hope it is warm because we want to go swimming :cheer2: One of the main reasons we are going in October is to go to the Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party ! We will be going on a Tuesday . We never have been to it ! :dance3: I just hope it is not crowded all week.

ah I'm goin Oct 28- Nov 2 and now I'm terrified from this thread! It's DBF's first time so we are trying to pack a lot in and I was hoping it wouldn't be very crowed. Oh well, we'll have fun either way... it's Disney.

ah I'm goin Oct 28- Nov 2 and now I'm terrified from this thread! It's DBF's first time so we are trying to pack a lot in and I was hoping it wouldn't be very crowed. Oh well, we'll have fun either way... it's Disney.

I know what you mean, I'm now getting nervous about it being crowded :sad2: I picked this month because they always say October is a good month to go and we also want to go to MNSSHP.

I have been checking the crowd calendar on easy wdw and it says crowd levels for the week of the 14th in October during the week days will be a 4 .Except Thursday will be a 5 and Friday a 6. So do you think this is wrong and it will be higher anyone ?

We're going Oct. 13th-20th... along with the rest of Minnesota.

Can we just all stop talking about what a terrible decision I made by choosing this week? :lmao: Seriously, I'm getting so depressed. :sad1:

Also, what's hot for Orlando in October? 90s? 100s?! :crazy2:

Another Minnesotan that will be there ... the 17th to the 22nd for us!

delmar411 said:
I think this year it will be worse than it has been in years previous. There are a good number of school districts and states implementing new calendars that give this entire week (and longer) off and people are taking advantage and heading to FL.

I was thinking the opposite. Maybe people will want to wait until december for the new Fantasyland to open.
Also, why are all the crowd calendars showing fairly low crowds??

was there same time last year low moderate on almost every day but the mnsshp was super packed , locals join in on those nights, still had a blast though!!!

Was there the last week of October last year and we had a great time. I encountered big crowds at Epcot for F&W, but we never really waited for rides. After moving to Orlando, I've been every month this year, and the best advice anyone can give you is to arrive prior to park opening. Even in July, we've been able to do so much at rope drop. And take advantage of the morning Extra Magic Hour!

As for MNSSHP, we went Halloween night. The parades and Hallowishes were crowded, but we walked on the attractions. One of the best nights I've had at MK and nothing compared to the craziness of leap day, where crowds seemed to never leave even at 5am.

I'll be honest, I jumped ship when it came to my reservation for Oct. I was booked 10/21-28 but then realized the resorts were almost booked solid... except a few values and cabins. I heard there was a huge conference so... I decided Nov may be better. I'm excited to see the Christmas decorations and MVMCP. Waiting will have it's perks~

On a whim, I looked to see about available Dinner ADRs.....I was pleasantly surpised to still find them plentiful. Even some of the more popular places still have availability. Maybe the rooms are booked, but the restaurants are not set to be full. Gives hope the crowd calendars are right!

Hoping for the best crowd wise Oct 22nd to 27th!:worried: But what I am really dissapointed about is we have never done an emh before and we were going to get to MK about 730 pm on 22nd, and stay till midnight when it closed. Thought it would be a great way to start the vacation. Now I hear that EMH has been canceled!:furious: Time to redo our itinarary! Still thrilled to be going though!

On a whim, I looked to see about available Dinner ADRs.....I was pleasantly surpised to still find them plentiful. Even some of the more popular places still have availability. Maybe the rooms are booked, but the restaurants are not set to be full. Gives hope the crowd calendars are right!

I have noticed that a lot of reservations for rooms and restaurants are still available. Makes me wonder why there are no discounts when we are going ? :confused:

Not all the kids in FL are back. Orange county doesn't go back until next week.

I know what you mean, I'm now getting nervous about it being crowded :sad2: I picked this month because they always say October is a good month to go and we also want to go to MNSSHP.

October is my favorite month! It is a good time to go. Don't get to nervous because it will be great. I mean you could be at home working right? But nope you will be at WDW!!!!:cool1: Seriously we have lived here since 2009 and love October, the weather starts to cool down a little and the crowds do lighten up. You will have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter