How crowded is Jersey Week?

dairyou

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
We've been on DCL during Jersey Week and it was pretty crowded. We usually go off season, so that's probably why.

We're planning to go to WDW during Jersey Week. Since WDW is so much more spread out than the boat, will we be able to notice? We just came back and everything was a walk on...spoiled!

Deb

As you normally go off-season, you'll think it's crowded. For someone who goes in the middle of the summer or at Christmas, during Jersey Week they'll think the parks are virtually empty!

My opinion - while it's noticeably busier during this week (I did two weeks last year with the second week being JW and could tell that there were more people there), it's still not what I would call BUSY. Do the right parks on the right days and play the Fastpass game successfully and you won't need to spend more than 30 minutes in any queue and will still get everything you want to done.

Jersey Week?

I wonder when Oklahoma week is?
:disrocks: :goofy:

Hey, we're from Jersey as well, and we couldn't help but ask...but, what is "Jersey Week"?

I was at Jersey week last year and it was really crowded. I thought more so than August.

Been to Jersey week before but for some reason 2005 was exceptionally crowded.

And with the arrival of the new E ride in AK, I don't see this year being any different

windan, jersey week is a week in early November when all public schools are closed for NJEA Teacher's convention. Many schools have extended days off for election day or veteran's day, depending when they fall. Many families take off for Disney!!! Look for me this Nov. with DH! (don't tell NJEA I won't be at convention this year!!!)

deb ::MinnieMo

Jersey schools are only closed for two days - a thursday and friday of usually the first full week in Nov. - not an entire week as some have said.

Some schools, such as ours, have the entire first week of November off. We will once again be joining our fellow Jersey people for the annual treck to Disney. It does get quite crowded towards the end of that week.

It is crowded that week, enough so that TourGuideMike.com has special touring plans for Jersey Week. Follow his tips and you won't even notice the crowds because you'll always be one step ahead of them.

We were just there during Jersey week and although there were lots of people in the parks, we had minimal waits. We did AK on Sunday, MK on Monday and Tuesday and MGM on Thursday. I think the longest wait was for the Rockin' Roller Coaster at MGM (about 20 mins). We used fastpasses very successfully and arrived at the parks at opening. I wouldn't worry about it. It's a great time to go; the weather was in the low 80's and not a cloud in the sky. Have fun!

I'm from Jersey too ( born and raised in Central Jersey) and i wouldnt go for Jersey Week.
-ducks from impending flames-
Now not all jersey people are like this but i avoid jersey week because in general NY/Metro Jersey folks arent the friendliest people out there.Last time i experienced Jersey Week, it was busy, and lots of kids AND parents without manners.The only time that was worse in my opinion as NOJ - that takes the cake as the most unfriendly bunch as a whole. (no offense to those friendly folks who were there as well)

One of the things that i love about going on vacation (anywhere) is how NICE and polite the folks are when you get out of the metro area - even South Jersey folks are so different from the northern bunch!

Ok, so im going to hide from the avalanche of Jersey folks who are coming to get me!
Sherrie

We went during the beginning of Jersey Week (left by Wednesday)
The parks felt a little busy (Went before in October and January).
The longest lines we waited in were 40 mins for Test Track, TOT, Rockin Rollercoaster and Peter Pan's Flight.
We took advantage of the Fast Pass system and made it onto all of the rides we wanted to.

The weather was FANTASTIC! (upper 70's and low 80's)
There were even Xmas decorations up at the MK!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter