• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how crowded for newyears and the week after?

nygrl

DIS Veteran
we are thinking of going to disney just before new years until about the 4th of jan. i was just wondering if the crowds get lighter right after newyears or do most people stay that week after?

We have been to WDW for the last three New Years' in a row and as soon as January 1 arrives, the crowds drop noticeably. With January 1 on a Sunday next year, the next few days should be pretty good crowd wise. Before New Year's plan on big crowds. But there are ways to deal with it too.

Have fun planning. It is a great time to be at WDW.

HBC

We just returned from a trip 1/2/05 - 1/8/05. I expected VERY light crowds. However, to me, the parks seemed pretty full. I'm sure it was nothing like the week between Christmas and New Year's. But, most of the time, the standby time for the rides was 25 to 60 minutes -- the entire week. And the POP was VERY busy. But, we used Fast Pass, so we got to do almost all of what we wanted in 5 full days at the parks.

I believe that the children in Florida have off the week of Christmas, as well as the week after. I think alot of the Floridians do the week after Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter