• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How crowded first thing in the morning? I'm questioning the fp that i have....

caroline1851

DIS Veteran
I'm starting to think maybe I got fp for too early in the morning. But I've never been in June before. In the fall, I've always been able to do almost everything I want before noon without really waiting. This time we're going 6/6-6/10.

Arriving at MK rope drop, the fp I have are:
9:05-10:05 7 dwarves
10:10-11:10 Space Mountain
Are these too early?
Kind of thought, go straight to Peter Pan, Pooh then fp dwarves, then head over to Tomorrowland. Buzz if possible before Space Mtn FP or after.
Thoughts?
2:05-3:05 Splash Mountain (this one is good. figure we'll ride this before parade
(2nd day we're at MK I have fp for BTMR)

Arriving at DHS at rope drop, rough plan is:
TSM sb
9:10-10:10 TOT FP
Rockin roller coaster sb single rider
10:20-11:20 TSM fp
Great Movie Ride
11:20-12:20 Star Tours fp
How does that sound?

Epcot arriving at RD, rough plan is:
Go straight to Soarin and ride sb
Then to Innovention for Sum of all Thrills
10-11 Test Track fp
then do whatever, maybe Figment (have never done that)
12:10-1:10 Spaceship Earth FP
Make sense?

Most days we plan to leave and go back to resort for 4 hours or so then head back out after 6pm.

Any input is appreciated. :)

I'm an early June traveler: I don't know if I'm typical, but generally speaking my fastpasses at rope drop are two types: 1. A Super Headliner (Soarin, Toy Story specifically) that I want to ride twice, in which case I ride it in the standby line once, then use my fastpass; and 2. a headliner in the vicinity of another headliner: for example, I would fastpass Tower of Terror at rope drop, but ride Rock n Roller first in the standby line.

Otherwise, in June you can definitely get in several rides on all but the most popular rides before fastpass is necessary. May not last you all the way to noon, but the first hour or two is pretty easy for short lines on most of the non-Super Headliner attractions.

I think your MK plan is fine. We like to get our FP+ early at MK if possible because it is the one place you can pick up a 4th that might have some value. I would prefer to have the Splash earlier, to get the 4th. I think going to PP, Pooh and then using your FP+ for 7DMT is a good plan, because you will knock out the things in the area and then not have to backtrack later just for a FP+ You might try to hit a couple of other things over in that area too.

DHS- both times we have been there with FP+, we have stacked them early like you and gone back to get a 4th- and both times there were NO FP+ available. I'm not talking no good ones- I'm talking the CMs would check and say there was ZERO availability for any ride or attraction. I would do whatever you want there. Just FYI- the single rider line for RNRC gets long quick now with FP+ in our experience. We rode TSM at opening and then went straight there, and the single rider line was already 40 minutes-- we kept checking and never saw it under 30 minutes the whole day. Standby was typically 45 minutes to over an hour. If RNRC is a priority- since you are sure of having at least one ride on TSM, you might think about going there at rope drop. If 2 rides on TSM is the priority and you don't care as much about RNRC or mind a 30 minute single rider line there- then stick with your plan.

As far as EPCOT, do you have a 3rd FP+? Used to TT and Soarin were the only rides you needed them for. Now, where we used to walk on Nemo and Figment- we are finding 30 minute lines. Spaceship Earth, we still have not had more than a 10 or 15 minute wait as long as we don't go first thing in the morning when everyone stops there on the way in the park. Mission Space, if you are riding the green (easy) side, you typically don't need a FP+ --- if you are riding orange a FP+ comes in handy.

All in all, your plan sounds fine- especially since you like afternoon breaks. Don't be surprised if things are slower than you are used to- and it will not be just because it is June and not fall. We go in the fall, and since FP+, we no longer get to do most everything we want before noon without really waiting. It is a big adjustment. More people now use FP+ than used FP, and they use it for rides which did not used to have or need FP, so it tends to gum up the lines. Things can still get done and you can still have a ton of fun, but it is slower going and longer lines for things we walked on for years.

We go during summer and Spring Break. I like to start mine about 10am and finish them off by 1pm, no matter what time the park opens. That way I can get the secondary stuff with waits (Buzz, POTC, JC, HM) out of the way and do any rides that conflict with tiers (RNRC, we FP+ TSMM) at RD. At MK, we have been able to get some decent stuff as 4 and beyond FP+, like Buzz, JC, HM, POTC. I actually got Space Mountain for the evening in March going to the kiosk about noon or 1pm. AK has good availability too, except for Safari. We always do it as the second park and never prebook FP+. We usually get there about 1-2pm. I have consistently gotten Expedition Everest, usually right away. Safari sometimes has availability closer to closing, or I have been able to modify something else by checking back to get Safari.

I think your MK plan is fine. We like to get our FP+ early at MK if possible because it is the one place you can pick up a 4th that might have some value. I would prefer to have the Splash earlier, to get the 4th. I think going to PP, Pooh and then using your FP+ for 7DMT is a good plan, because you will knock out the things in the area and then not have to backtrack later just for a FP+ You might try to hit a couple of other things over in that area too.

DHS- both times we have been there with FP+, we have stacked them early like you and gone back to get a 4th- and both times there were NO FP+ available. I'm not talking no good ones- I'm talking the CMs would check and say there was ZERO availability for any ride or attraction. I would do whatever you want there. Just FYI- the single rider line for RNRC gets long quick now with FP+ in our experience. We rode TSM at opening and then went straight there, and the single rider line was already 40 minutes-- we kept checking and never saw it under 30 minutes the whole day. Standby was typically 45 minutes to over an hour. If RNRC is a priority- since you are sure of having at least one ride on TSM, you might think about going there at rope drop. If 2 rides on TSM is the priority and you don't care as much about RNRC or mind a 30 minute single rider line there- then stick with your plan.

As far as EPCOT, do you have a 3rd FP+? Used to TT and Soarin were the only rides you needed them for. Now, where we used to walk on Nemo and Figment- we are finding 30 minute lines. Spaceship Earth, we still have not had more than a 10 or 15 minute wait as long as we don't go first thing in the morning when everyone stops there on the way in the park. Mission Space, if you are riding the green (easy) side, you typically don't need a FP+ --- if you are riding orange a FP+ comes in handy.

All in all, your plan sounds fine- especially since you like afternoon breaks. Don't be surprised if things are slower than you are used to- and it will not be just because it is June and not fall. We go in the fall, and since FP+, we no longer get to do most everything we want before noon without really waiting. It is a big adjustment. More people now use FP+ than used FP, and they use it for rides which did not used to have or need FP, so it tends to gum up the lines. Things can still get done and you can still have a ton of fun, but it is slower going and longer lines for things we walked on for years.

The RNRC thing is interesting. I was hoping that DH and DS could do single rider in the afternoon/evening and FP+ TSMM and maybe TOT. DH and I won't ride TOT, but DS has been wanting to try it. I might have to think that strategy through some. We want to do Star Wars Weekends next year, with an M&G at RD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter