How crowded first full week of Nov?

FanofG00fy

Mouseketeer
Howdy, :wave2:

As you can see in my countdown we are planning on going home to the world the first full week of Nov 2005. In fact our dates are Nov 5 thru Nov 12. We are trying to figure out, which Resort. I'm up for POR to AKL. But, just how busy is it at WDW at that time? I know that Veteren's Day is that Friday. (God Bless and Thank you Veterens!!!:D ) We are planning on making our ressies in February. Is that too late? We are AP holders, but would it be best to at least have a room, or can we wait for the AP rates to come out? What is your opinions? Thanks to all who answers. By the way there are 6 of us. My SIL is trying to use her points (not a DVC member, but something like that) to stay there, but she has already been put on a waiting list. My BF and I are planning on staying in a seperate place anyway. But we still have to plan for them and my parents in case that doesn't work out. So there will be three couples looking for three rooms, and not necessarily at the same resort.

Again, Thanks for all your help. I love :love: this board!

Chris:teeth:

We were there last weekend and the crowds were quite manageable. Epcot will be crowded on Saturday b/c of the Food & Wine Festival, so I would suggest another day to eat & drink around the world.

I think you'll be traveling post Jersey Week, so you may have smaller crowds than we had. Sun-Thu should have relatively short wait times at the parks. Weather is also great too.

We stayed at CSR and loved it. Really centrally located to everything but DTD.

FanofGOOfy, the teacher convention for 2005 is nov 10, 11 and 12. that would mean you would be there for the "dreaded jersey week"!!! don't let that stop you from going!!! if you've seen my posts on other threads i am one of the people who sees no problem with jersey week at all! and not just because i'm from the great garden state!!! if that's the only time you can go or just want to go that week, by all means go and have a great time!! I hope to be there as well!

You've got veteran's day and jersey week all in that one week. I think that week will be more crowded than the week before or after.

I'm also struggling to choose a week for our trip in Nov 2005 but I think I'm leaning to the week starting Oct 29. That way we can go to MNSSHP which we have never done before.

Oh No!!!:(

I checked these dates before making my Fall ressies this week and was very careful not to book that exact week. We chose the end of October to the 6th of November. whew!! just made it! throw in food and wine and the possibility of super soap weekend (not sure what the exact date is yet), sounds busy to me!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But those dates are terrible.
I just got back from WDW (nov. 4-8) and it was ssssssssssssooooooooooo busy. I've been to WDW in Nov many, many times. I have NEVER seen it so busy before.
MK was so unbelieveable we left early and never went back. We never went near AK so I can't comment there. But from DTD to the resort foodcourts, everywhere we went was CROWDED!

Yes, here are the official teacher's meeting dates for 2005:

2005 Thursday, November 10
Friday, November 11
Saturday, November 12

That's it, keep scaring people away -- this will make it less crowded when I go during my beloved Jersey week!!!

Been there 3 different times already that week, and will definitely be going again - crowds aren't bad at all.

It would take more than us here on the disboards to scare away that crowd!:earseek:

We just came back from there during "Jersey week" and even though it was crowded, it really wasn't that bad. I heard though it was more crowded than usual during 'Jersey week" due to people who had to rebook because of the hurricanes. I plan on going again next year the same time. Maybe I'll see you there:D

We just got back last night. Nov 6 -13th. I found Sun-Wed pretty good crowdwise but boy it was getting crowded toward the end of the week!. On Sun.(the 6th) we arrived at MK at 8am and did everything we wanted with minimal wait times. Monday we did Animal Kingdom and while it seemed crowded, the waits were also minimal. We headed to Epcot for ice cream social and then after that the kids rode Test Track and Mission Space with 10 minute waits. Tueday was MGM-we did early entry and went on everything twice(we used FAST PASS ) Wed was universal-which was no waiting at all!! Thurs was pool in the am and then off to Epcot-much more crowded then Mon, but Food and Wine Festival was really nice. Fri we did DD in the am and then the pool, b/c the kids didn't want to go to MK:( I heard it was packed though. I could just see everyhting getting more crowded as the week went on. I spoke to a few CM'S who blamed it on the hurricanes and Super Soap weekend.

We just got back as well...we were there from Nov 5 - Nov 12...I was really preparing for huge crowds but we found them very managable....definitely more crowded than our previous trips during this time but not as bad as I was expecting. Our longest wait was 40 minutes for BTMRR...other than that we used FP and either walked on everything or waited less than 20 minutes...and the weather was perfect!!

I was in WDW last year (2003) during the week you specify. I did not find it that crowded. We had some trouble booking hotels because many were sold out due to the veteran's day holiday....but when we were there, I didn't think the parks seemed that crowded--about average, I guess. I really enjoyed the food and wine festival.

I just got back also...Nov. 6-13th. Sunday wasn't too bad at Magic Kingdom, Monday at AK was terrible, Wednesday and Thursday at MGM & Epcot weren't too bad. Friday at MK was awful...it was packed. The beginning of the week wasn't bad at all at our resort (POR). When we'd go down to the food court for breakfast it was pretty empty, but as the week went on it got more and more crowded. By Friday morning, we could barely find a table at the food court. If that's any indication of what it's like in summer, I will never go down that time of year. I hate crowds, especially when they contain alot of rude people, which I encountered quite a bit of. I overheard the one CM telling someone that it's usually empty this time of year, but due to the hurricanes it was full.

We were there for our 5th in a row Jersey Week. We were there Nov 3-9. It did not seem as crowded as last year, but I think last year it was Jersey Week, Veterans Day and Soap Opera Weekend all combined.

Wait times for the rides may have been posted as 45 minutes but in reality most wait times for Test Track (I think we rode it 6 times) was no more than 20 minutes, once only 5. Splash Mt only 15 min, Space Mountain 15-20, although we did Fast Pass twice.

MK was crowded to walk around, but I think that's because so many people have strollers and/or park strollers which fills up a lot of room. The other parks don't seem to be as crowded with strollers.

But if you think Jersey Week is too crowded, start a week for YOUR state and leave the beginning of November to all us Jerseyites.

We were in the parks Mon-Fri 11/8 - 11/12 and really only Friday afternoon at MK was bad. The rest of the week had some pockets of crowds here and there but we were able to ride everything with low to no wait times and we did many attractions many times. Friday morning we did early entry at AK and had no problems. We went to MK in the afternoon and it was packed but waits were still in the 30 minute range and some more minor attractions were less than that. I saw very few "grade" school kids Mon-Thr but Friday was packed with them. I think many families were there for long weekends due to Veteran's day.

We just got back also. We were there from 11/7 thru 11/12.

We didn't think it was too busy until Thursday in MK. Which was early entry & Veteran's Day. Boy was it busy! There was a 75 minute wait for Splash Mountain, 65 minute wait for Big Thunder Railroad. Everything else was at least 30 minutes. We used the Fast Pass but still didn't get to everything we wanted. I heard that kids in Florida didn't have school so that is one of the reasons it was so busy.

Not sure if I would go there again during that time.

We were there Nov. 5 through Nov. 15. It was very crowded. We did limited seating F&W events and avoided the parks. Had I wanted to do the parks, I'd have been very disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter