How Crowded are the Ships

ElyseAnnLynn

Earning My Ears
Hello All:

I was just wondering how crowded the ships seem if they are booked to capacity. Is there alot of standing in line for things?

Just Curious and anxious about are first cruise.

Thanks,
Tracie.

One of the reasons I prefer Disney cruises to the parks is that even when the ships are at capacity, it is not very noticable except in a few areas, since they are built to handle that number of people. The places you might notice it are the pools and theaters, but other than that, it's not bad at all. The diningrooms are built to handle a capacity crowd, and there are enough out of the way spots (like the "secret" deck 7 aft verandah) where you can go for quiet time. I have sailed when the ship is at capacity and also when it was very empty, and I definitely prefer the crowd. I hated it when the diningroom and theaters were like ghost towns! The energy of the crowd is part of the fun for me.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Tracie: We just got off the Wonder which was at capacity. We couldn't believe how many people were on the beach at Castaway Cay because it never seemed crowded onboard. There are so many activities going on at one time that there are no lines or crowds anywhere. The only time we were on lines was going into the restaurants at dinner. There was a long line to see the princesses and the pools were a little crowded but not too bad. We made sure to get to shows early to get good seats. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I don't recall how crowded the ship was. However, I noticed that there were many places on the ship that were quiet and nearly abondoned which I found amazing on a ship with that many people. It makes for a nice moonlit stroll on the upper decks with your spouse. It just depends on where and when you went.

I noticed the kids pool was incredibly crowded during the peak of the afternoon. The resturaunts did not feel overly crowded as they are intended to serve that many people.

Certain popular buffets were very crowded for lunch.

Certain activities seem to pull in a crowd, but for the most part, I never felt overly crowded (and we are people who hate crowds). The party on deck 9 one night, and the final goodbye event in the atrium on deck 3 were very crowded. Other than those, we never felt too crowded. Oh....sometime the Mickey Pool would be very crowded too, but we were able to find some times that weren't bad at all for our kids.
DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter