• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Crazy will May 24th be?

Ok, so maybe some good advice for those uninterested in merchandise is to show up an hour after the parks open?

If there is no free stuff being given away, maybe there won't be as many people.

THanks so much for the information. I had NO idea that it was going to be like this. I foolishly thought we could just go at 5:30 am and just wait in line. I thought going 1 1/2 hours early to get fast passes for RSR was worth it but 8 hours overnight isn't worth it to me. My daughter understands too. I was thinking a better plan of action was to go AFTER all the people were let in at 6 am. My bigger concern was that the park will be at capacity. So once you are in, you are in. Our plan was to just stay at Disneyland and shop, eat and get on the rides when we can. I hope it's not TOO terrible?

You are welcome!

Keep in mind that every event is different, and this one might go much better than the last.

Also, people will be distributed between both parks, unlike last time.

I think your plan is a good one--waiting a while until the initial morning crowds enter the parks, staying in Disneyland once there, and making eating and shopping part of your experience, and riding when you can.

A good attitude and knowing it will be very busy, are to me, more than half the battle.

Good luck and have fun!! Let us know how everything goes:thumbsup2!!

Also, people will be distributed between both parks, unlike last time.

This was a huge problem last year in that only DL was open. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that this year will be that much different. Why? Well the Grad Nite, that was scheduled before the 24 hour day was planned, will be taking up ToT, Cars Land and all of Paradise Pier from 10:30-3:30. That pretty much limits regular 24 hour day guests to Soarin and the Mad T Party...not that much of an improvement. And last year 10:30-3:30 was definitely the time when it was the most crowded too.

It will be interesting to see. I'm thinking that having both of the parks "open" won't distribute the crowd levels like it should because of the limitations that guests will have in DCA.

i am just curious if we will even be able to get in seeing as how we will be at a wedding on the 24th at disneyland and wont be able to attempt to enter the parks until 6pm. Do you guys think we will be able to get in?

I really wanted to go the the Leap Year event but had to miss it. Now I don't want to miss this one, but I'm also afraid that the crowds will be too much to handle. We can park hop throughout the 24 hours, correct? So we're not stuck having to pick just one park for the evening/early morning?

Also, does anyone know if we can leave the parks and come back in at any time? Like, assuming it's super crowded at 10pm or so, and we want a break from it all, can we go catch a movie at DTD or take a nap in our car, and then return to the parks well after midnight? Or once you're in the parks, you have to stay in after a certain hour?

What about if they have to close the gates again because of being at full capacity during the time you're out at DTD? Would the people that were already inside the park earlier be able to get back in with their ticket/handstamp? Or are the gates closed for anyone not already inside the park at that particular point?

Oh, and does anyone know if we are able to leave the parking structure (to grab a late dinner elsewhere) and come back later after midnight? Or since it's technically the next day, do we have to pay a second parking fee to get back inside the structure? Or would they not allow re-entry into the structure at all after a certain time?

Thanks for all the crowd info. everyone's giving based on their experience with the last all-nighter! It's very helpful. Hopefully someone also has some insight on these questions I have. Thanks again!

Disneyland has different levels of closure. I didn't include every detail, but in general it goes something like this:

1. They stop selling single day tickets.

2. They stop selling any kind of tickets.

3. Only those who have already entered the parks for the day and have a hand stamp are let in.

4. No one is allowed into the park, although if you're waiting for re-entry you can still line up at the gates. When enough people have left, others are let back in.

Disneyland reached level 4 for the leap day event.

When it's that crowded finding parking can definitely be a challenge because lots do close. Traffic around the resort is nuts too. When I said it was taking us 20+ minutes to get from intersection to intersection on leap day I wasn't exaggerating!

Disneyland has different levels of closure. I didn't include every detail, but in general it goes something like this:

1. They stop selling single day tickets.

2. They stop selling any kind of tickets.

3. Only those who have already entered the parks for the day and have a hand stamp are let in.

4. No one is allowed into the park, although if you're waiting for re-entry you can still line up at the gates. When enough people have left, others are let back in.

Disneyland reached level 4 for the leap day event.

When it's that crowded finding parking can definitely be a challenge because lots do close. Traffic around the resort is nuts too. When I said it was taking us 20+ minutes to get from intersection to intersection on leap day I wasn't exaggerating!

Again- thanks for the excellent information. We are driving down from the Bay Area in about 1 hour. I imagine traffic will be terrible. Have fingers crossed that we survive this weekend! :) I will report back!

Wow, I'm going tomorrow at 5:30 am

After reading this I'm concerned. M expecting it to be madness! My plan is to go to all the great rides(IMO) first while its still early. I hope not that many people will be there around 6 am when it opens. But idk this will be my first 24hr day at Disneyland!:-)

I'm hoping to go to the parks at around 6 or 7 granted its not already at capacity *fingers crossed* which lot do you suggest we park at if we go at that time and its not at capacity. I am thinking the structure will be close to full so I don't think I want to even attempt. Any ideas?

I'm hoping to go to the parks at around 6 or 7 granted its not already at capacity *fingers crossed* which lot do you suggest we park at if we go at that time and its not at capacity. I am thinking the structure will be close to full so I don't think I want to even attempt. Any ideas?

Well I asked around here before, and they said the park doesn't hit capacity till much later, unless you mean 6-7 PM then yea they might be at full capacity

I'm not doing 6am but staying here so I just walked down to check things out. About 150 in line at 10:30 and the CM I spoke to said for the last event - this was more like 1,000. That said - they are expecting the bulk of people to arrive a couple hours before 6 and suggested to miss that try 7/7:30. Plus these 150-200 people were splitting between the 2 parks as opposed to last year. Guess I should sleep and check it out to tomorrow.

I did the leap day event last year and the was among the busiest times I've ever seen the park. While its a fun event, be careful if claustrophobic or do not like crowds.
Either way still get some nice pins for the event, not sure if will be going this year or not but either way would be planning to arrive in the mid to early afternoon if so.

On my way to the parks right now from LA. It's gonna be a long day! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I hope everyone stays safe today inside what has to be a crazy park day. I have only really seen the park busy on weekends when there and even then it's likely not that busy from what most people see during spring breaks, summer, other holiday times, and honestly, I could barely tolerate those weekend crowds.

I can not imagine what it would be like to be part of a sea of people slowly moving through that park today but I hope all who go find the fun and magic they are looking for! :crazy2:

At the riverbelle terrace eating a Mickey pancake. Crowds are extremely manageable right now. We have walked on to all rides so far. I was here at 5:30 and lines were fine. It's crowded but not bananas (yet!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter