• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Crazy is April at Parks????

WDWChick

Disney Veteran
We travel to Disney 2 or 3 times a year, and ALWAYS during the slower months. Unfortunately my Brother and Sis- in law from NY want to meet us there on April 6th. How crazy are the parks going to be????
I must admit that we are nervous because we have a 5 and 2 year old in tow. I'd like to prepare myself, if possible.
Any April experts out there???
Thanks.

Only did April once and that was enough. Crowd was unbearable. Lots of spring breakers. I travel to Florida 3-4 times a year, April was worst traffic I've ever seen. Good luck. :sad2:

Easter time and Christmas vacation time are usually the busiest crowds WDW has. April has both spring break, and Easter holiday.
I'd plan to hit the parks at opening. Your kids are probably up by then anyway! The mornings are the slowest, and you can grab fast passes before the crowds hit. When (and if )it becomes too crowded for you, you can go and enjoy your resort at that point. No worries!
Have a great time!

I had a different experience last April. We were there from the 8-15 and it was great. Low crowds, beautiful weather. I'd gladly do that time of year again, depending on when Easter fell. This year, Easter is on the 16th so the week before that should be pretty heavy (9th-16th). You'll probably hit large crowds starting on the Sunday/Monday. If you plan it right though, it shouldn't be that bad. Use the fastpass and the EMH if you're staying on site, and it shouldn't be a painful experience. We went President's week this past year, and it wasn't nearly as bad as we were expecting. YMMV.

WDWChick said:
We travel to Disney 2 or 3 times a year, and ALWAYS during the slower months. Unfortunately my Brother and Sis- in law from NY want to meet us there on April 6th. How crazy are the parks going to be????
I must admit that we are nervous because we have a 5 and 2 year old in tow. I'd like to prepare myself, if possible.
Any April experts out there???
Thanks.

Looks like April 6 won't be that bad but by the 9th the crowd levels will jump to a 10! Yikes!

Saturday, April 01, 2006 --> 7
Sunday, April 02, 2006 --> 8
Monday, April 03, 2006 --> 8
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 --> 7
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 --> 7
Thursday, April 06, 2006 --> 7
Friday, April 07, 2006 --> 8
Saturday, April 08, 2006 --> 8
Sunday, April 09, 2006 --> 10

http://www.touringplans.com/BestDays.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter