• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How could I forget how hot it gets here?

I was at AK yesterday - it was hot - I dunked my head in the fountain play area 2 or 3 times, drank large cups of ice water and swiped some ice cubes from a mister kiosk to stay cool. I was very happy for the 2:30pm showing of Lion King but was outta there shortly thereafter!

As I have had heat issues in the past I was very thankful by the grace of God I was well all day!!:cloud9:

I will be enjoying the Parks a lot more when it gets cooler that is for sure! But all in all Orlando heat doesn't seem as bad as Houston where I was last summer! It does rain here - happiness!!:)

would you be willing to mail me 2 park maps from each park when you return from your vacation? I like to write on them in marker to plan out the day

I sure would :goodvibes I won't be home till next week. Just PM me the info and I will send them out.

Last night was much cooler and we all had a good time. We are in the room again and all three kids are sleeping. 17, 7, 6 at the same time a miracle I think. We made it back just in time. It is pouring down the rain and there is a severe Thunderstorm warning for the area. I bought a hat this morning because my DH suggested it. I did seem a bit more comfortable as I didn't have the sun beating directly on my face and neck. Hopefully the rain will stop before Fantasmic. Last time did the Fantasmic dinner package it rain out. But I am hopeful. Gotta love FL weather, sunny one minute, raining the next, and the sunny the next.

Being a Floridian, I feel that I am used to the heat, but this summer, for unknown reasons, it feels much hotter and extremely humid and is really bothering me.

This week I have been running for only four or five miles three times a week because of this intense heat.

BE WARNED!:cool2:

I last went to WDW in september 2009 and we had torrential rain (ankle deep water around Mexico in Epcot!) for one night. The rest of the 16 days was hot hot hot!!! :eek: what's the temperature usually like in September as we are going back this year and have been told 2009 was a heat wave!? :cool2:

Being a Floridian, I feel that I am used to the heat, but this summer, for unknown reasons, it feels much hotter and extremely humid and is really bothering me.

This week I have been running for only four or five miles three times a week because of this intense heat.

BE WARNED!:cool2:

I agree with this ... except for the running part, lol. I don't know what it is about this year, and I suspect it has something to do with the fact that even our short winter never showed up, but this year is HOT. I was outside yesterday painting shelves for 15 minutes. I came inside and it took me 30 minutes of sitting down and drinking water before I started to feel better. And that's how most of my day went, 15 minutes of painting and 30 minutes to recover.

Since we're day trippers, we like to go over around 3ish and stay late. It's so much more manageable to do in the evening ... I've only done rd once, and it required us to be up at 5:30 ... blech.

I last went to WDW in september 2009 and we had torrential rain (ankle deep water around Mexico in Epcot!) for one night. The rest of the 16 days was hot hot hot!!! :eek: what's the temperature usually like in September as we are going back this year and have been told 2009 was a heat wave!? :cool2:

We've gone in late September once and late August twice. I didn't really notice a difference between the two. There's a point where it's just hot. And 90 with humidity feels about the same as 95 with humidity.
It's really humid here in the summer too, so I'm usually used to it by the time we get there.

This is just sad :sad: Sad for the child who won't try something new (although I give credit to the mom for not "forcing" her child to ride like you sometimes see) and sad for the other child missing out on what she would like to do.

As for the heat ---- it seems to get worse as I get older. Perhaps its because I am my own personal heat source....:furious: .... ladies, if you don't know what I mean, you will find out eventually! :lmao:

hahah!!:laughing: I am 30weeks pregnant so I am my own personal heat too!:headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter