• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How could I forget how hot it gets here?

ValinWV

DIS Veteran
We arrived yesterday and the temps didn't seem that bad. Of course it stormed just a little after we arrived and helped cool things down a bit. Today was the first time in years that I felt like I would pass out again from the heat. I actually had to sit on the ground in the line for Haunted mansion. It was much cooler down there. The cool ride and the several cups of water I drank immediately after helped give the stamina to get to main street where I walked through the stores to get back to the bus.

As bad as that was I felt worse for the mom who asked me for directions before we got in line for HM and was so upset because she had been here for three days and hadn't ridden anything. Her DD was afraid of everything. The older DD wanted to ride and didn't get too because of her sister.:confused3

I often forget just how hot and humid Florida can get too but it's quick to remind me as soon as I step foot outside MCO. When we went last October there were 2 mornings that required sweatshirts and I couldn't wrap my head around that either! :rotfl:

We've had some brutal days here in PA as of late -- high 90's with 100% humidity. :faint: They've made me cranky whereas I just keep on truckin' in the same weather, with a lot more activity, when experiencing the same at WDW. Guess it must be the pixie dust! ::yes::

Summer is when the "open one park at RD, rest at the resort in the afternoon, dine/explore another park at night" plan becomes more or less essential. You could not pay me enough money to walk around the throngs of people in a park between the hours of, say, 1pm-4pm. I feel terrible for the folks I see coming into the parks starting their days around 11am when we're already on the way out.

I find it kind of like childbirth - you block it out after the fact. However, maybe not so well - because after 2 June trips (and living in FL), we won't return in the summer!

Well we are getting ready to head back out. The temp has dropped and the girls are waking up from their nap.

Summer is when the "open one park at RD, rest at the resort in the afternoon, dine/explore another park at night" plan becomes more or less essential. You could not pay me enough money to walk around the throngs of people in a park between the hours of, say, 1pm-4pm. I feel terrible for the folks I see coming into the parks starting their days around 11am when we're already on the way out.

I have to agree with this :thumbsup2.

I just left yesterday and it was pretty warm. I was there for ten days and it switched from stifling hot and fairly cool when it was raining...a lot... which was most of the time. I actually preferred when it was really hot at least then we could get stuff done.

We're leaving soon for our 4th summer trip. Though it was great when we went in January to not have to sweat all day, it just wasn't the same. The forecast for us looks decen this time- high 80s to 90. I'm sure it will rain every day too. Won't be nearly as bad as when we went during the heat wave in 2010. (or was it '09). Anyway, that time the COOLEST day was 97! Ugh. That was tough.

Still had a great trip though....how could you not? ;)

We love our August trips but man they are hot. We always manage to have a great time but I have to admit that when we went in February it was extra magical to not melt into the pavement:rotfl:

As bad as that was I felt worse for the mom who asked me for directions before we got in line for HM and was so upset because she had been here for three days and hadn't ridden anything. Her DD was afraid of everything. The older DD wanted to ride and didn't get too because of her sister.:confused3

This is just sad :sad: Sad for the child who won't try something new (although I give credit to the mom for not "forcing" her child to ride like you sometimes see) and sad for the other child missing out on what she would like to do.

As for the heat ---- it seems to get worse as I get older. Perhaps its because I am my own personal heat source....:furious: .... ladies, if you don't know what I mean, you will find out eventually! :lmao:

Well we are getting ready to head back out. The temp has dropped and the girls are waking up from their nap.

Have a great night! We will be there in a couple of days, and I am reminding myself that we need to drink a lot of water! Looking forward to the trip, but not the heat! Have fun!!

I remember visiting at the end of September 10 years ago and just standing in the lines you were perspiring. I haven't forgotten it and I won't forget it when we go at the end of September again this year ;)

This is just sad :sad: Sad for the child who won't try something new (although I give credit to the mom for not "forcing" her child to ride like you sometimes see) and sad for the other child missing out on what she would like to do.

As for the heat ---- it seems to get worse as I get older. Perhaps its because I am my own personal heat source....:furious: .... ladies, if you don't know what I mean, you will find out eventually! :lmao:

Yeah but... three days without a single ride... Maybe a little "gentle forcing" is in order.

Our son when two was like this, and would cry about everything. But we "gently forced" him into Pooh, Small World, and Teacups, and he loved every one (after about 30 seconds of complaining). FWIW.

We just got back yesterday. Thurs., Fri, and Sat the temps were great although we had rain. It was only in the lower 80s for a high. After that it became unbearably hot in the afternoon so we did a lot at night. Tues. night we were in MK until 12:30 am. There were still a lot of people there. I guess everyone likes to tour at night in the summer. I couldn't believe the number of people that were leaving at 6 PM and had spent the whole afternoon there! It was so hot by 12 we left for lunch b/c we were all feeling sick from the heat.

My brother has been there since Sunday with his family - first trip with his little boy. I haven't heard a peep and wondered how the weather had been for them. Sounds like it could best be categorized as "sweaty." :scared:

I was at EPCOT yesterday and had a good time considering the high temp.

I finally rode the Sum of all Thrills -- it was good but too quick.

I was in England getting fish and chips from the quick serve area and spoke to the CM about where all the crowds were because there was no line which is unusual. She said everyone's waiting for it to get cooler.

After eating, I took a mid afternoon break by taking the boat over to the Boardwalk Inn where it was nice and air conditioned. I went back over to EPCOT around 8:30 p.m. to ride Soarin' -- the line was still 40 minutes so I rode the Land and then Soarin' twice until it closed at 10:00 p.m. (the line was about 20 minutes each time.)

Even with how used to the heat I am it wears me out and I would say I am in pretty good shape

We just got back too, and while we whined about the rain for the first 3 days, we whined about the heat and humidity the last three and wished we had the rain back. :lmao: You just don't know how good you've got it until worse comes around.

I feel for the mom with her 2 girls; I was there this time by myself with my 2 boys, 2 and 9. Luckily my 2 year old is an adventurer and bold, he rode everything he could and probably would've done fine on the big rides, had they let him on (darn those height requirements!) My 9 yr old had a cell, and rode a few big rides while I did a show or ride with the little one, so it worked ok for us, but man the crowds and weather were really bad. I am used to going in early December and love it. There were times when my shirt was sticking to me like plastic wrap, I was so sweaty...you start dreaming of being in the pool while you are in line and wondering if you are completely insane to have come to the park at all if you could be in the lovely delightfully cool pool back at the Pop. I waited an hr in the blazing sun in line for my son to get a pic with Captain Rex and Commander Cody from Clone Wars and thought I would pass out. If I ever come back to Star Wars Weekends, its gonna be in May!

would you be willing to mail me 2 park maps from each park when you return from your vacation? I like to write on them in marker to plan out the day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter