• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Cool is This? I'm DISing from MK!

And so here I am on the Carousel of Progress. It's somehow fitting that this is my last ride. Hey, Walt, did you know that someday someone will be sitting inside your attraction, sending out a message to thousands of people using technology you never even dreamed of? How's that for a new wonder?

"It's a great big beautiful tomorrow..."

Have a safe trip home. Thank you for sharing your vacation. I will miss reading this thread. Only11 days to go for me.

One last Mickey bar, and a final stroll down Main Street. Time to head home! Thanks for keeping me company - I had a great trip!!!

Wow! I just found this thread and was glued to read the whole thing at once.

DVCLiz -- love your wit and your writing!

I got chills as I got to page 15 and was hoping I could be "live" with you before you left MK. No such luck -- I'm sure your Mickey bar is finished by now and you're on your way home.

I was a little sad about something this afternoon, and your thread turned it around.

Have a safe trip home.

Boy, I'm going to miss reading this thread! How about we all take up a collection and pay for you to stay?? ;)

Seriously, it's been fun and I hope you have a safe trip home.

Made my flight with ten minutes to spare! I'm going to have to learn to leave earlier. I can't wait to get home and settle back in to "real life." They're calling my flight now...

Welcome home! I was also in MK on Wednesday the 10th, that was our last full day. We left around 1 PM and then went to MGM though. I only met 2 Dissers the whole trip. Your looking forward to going home and I just started Disney depression today :sad2: .

Thanks... I am having a not so great day at work and it was wonderful to spend a few days with you at WDW! I felt like I was there and now I want an iPhone! Too bad I can't get AT&T where I live, otherwise I would be all over one! Hope you had a safe trip home.

PS I am impressed that you had a solo trip to Disney. I hate to admit it, I think that is something I would love to do... go where I want, when I want, eat where I want etc. But, then I would have WAY too much guilt over not taking my DD7 and my husband. But I do get tired of dragging my sleepy husband out of bed every morning. I make him promise he will get up without complaining. And he makes me promise that I won't force him to have any "Disney Glee" at 8am at the bus stop. :rotfl2: Marriage... all about compromises! :laughing:

Great thread! If disboards had a "thread-of-the-year" contest I'd vote for yours!
popcorn::
:cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

(it doesn't hurt that i'm heading down myself in 3 days...helps get me in the spirit!)

Great thread! If disboards had a "thread-of-the-year" contest I'd vote for yours!
popcorn::
:cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

(it doesn't hurt that i'm heading down myself in 3 days...helps get me in the spirit!)

Thank you so much!!! It was so fun to do...

Hi, all, I'm home!!! I MUST learn to leave for the airport earlier, both coming and going. I remember that boring hour long wait and so I push it, and then I panic because I haven't left enough time, etc.

The flight home was uneventful, which is exactly how I like them, and my car was waiting for me at the curb - I always use valet parking at the airport, because it's not convenient for any of my friends to take me and pick me up, and I don't like the walk by myself to the long term parking lot. It's well worth the extra $100 bucks it cost me for the week.

I forced myself to go by the grocery store on the way home for crucial items like lunch for my daughter tomorrow, Diet Coke, and cat food and cat litter. I am so glad I did - now those chores are over and I don't have to worry about them!!

I've been through the mail, the voice mail, and the email (well, I have opened the email folder - most of the mail I've already read on my Iphone last week, but now I'm going to have to wade through and make sure I didn't miss anything critical!!)

To quote another of my teen heartthrob faves, since David Cassidy got me in the mood, "Hey, it's great to be back home again!"

Thanks... I am having a not so great day at work and it was wonderful to spend a few days with you at WDW! I felt like I was there and now I want an iPhone! Too bad I can't get AT&T where I live, otherwise I would be all over one! Hope you had a safe trip home.

PS I am impressed that you had a solo trip to Disney. I hate to admit it, I think that is something I would love to do... go where I want, when I want, eat where I want etc. But, then I would have WAY too much guilt over not taking my DD7 and my husband. But I do get tired of dragging my sleepy husband out of bed every morning. I make him promise he will get up without complaining. And he makes me promise that I won't force him to have any "Disney Glee" at 8am at the bus stop. :rotfl2: Marriage... all about compromises! :laughing:

Well, there was a story about this solo trip. I knew my daughter (8th grade) had a fall break coming up, and that it was her dad's weekend to have her. I called and asked him if he had any plans, because if not I would plan a trip to WDW for her break. He told her they did have some plans, so I asked her if she minded if I went ahead to WDW, since I would have several days home alone. At this point you should know that she, her older sister and I spent two weeks in WDW this past July, because of some developer DVC points I had as a result of adding on at the AKV, and that this same daughter and I will be going back to WDW over New Year's for a week with another Disney-loving family who have a daughter in my daughter's class. Just to let you know that my daughter isn't exactly missing out on the one trip of a lifetime!!

Of course, as they ALWAYS DO, the plans with Dad changed. But in this case, they changed because a new puppy was added to the family, so my daughter had a week of staying at Dad's while Mom played at WDW, but she also had a week of playing with the new puppy, which she adored, and a chance to spend some time with her dad, which has been in somewhat short supply over the summer. So it all worked out fine. But I MISS her and I want her to come home - she'll be here in about an hour!!!!

Boy, I'm going to miss reading this thread! How about we all take up a collection and pay for you to stay?? ;)

Seriously, it's been fun and I hope you have a safe trip home.

Penny, thanks for posting those beautiful pictures of your pointers. My brother has always had a pointer - they are such beautiful dogs!!! It reminded me of "home" every time I saw them....

Oh, I forgot the last little cool thing. Just exactly as I stepped off the ferry and onto the concrete ramp coming from the MK to the TTC, fireworks began going off over my right shoulder. The boat captain said, "Looks like we have a bride and groom" and sure enough, they were coming from near the Wedding Pavillion. We all turned around and watched until they ended. It was just the last perfect touch to my trip!!!!

Thank you so much!!! It was so fun to do...

To quote another of my teen heartthrob faves, since David Cassidy got me in the mood, "Hey, it's great to be back home again!"

I'm trying to figure out who you are quoting... is it John Denver? He was one of my favs growing up also.

Loved your posts! I will miss them like many of us.. I too want to do a solo trip sometime. I might next April if DH does not tag along for a work trip.

Welcome home!

I'm trying to figure out who you are quoting... is it John Denver? He was one of my favs growing up also.

Loved your posts! I will miss them like many of us.. I too want to do a solo trip sometime. I might next April if DH does not tag along for a work trip.

Welcome home!

Yes, John Denver. I am slowly going back through this thread and editing some of the typing mistakes that have been driving me crazy all week!!!! It's so much easier to type on the Iphone than it was on my Motorola Q, but editing is a pain sometimes - I'm just not familiar enough with the phone to know how to do it easily.

Also, I'm adding up my DDE card savings. I'm up to about 30 bucks so far - still haven't broken even.

Love the live TR.

Thanks - it was fun to do!!! I was just thinking this morning that I could get on a plane and be in Orlando this afternoon. Wish I could be at MNNSHP tonight!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter