• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Cool is This? I'm DISing from MK!

No, no YOAMD for me! I would totally rebook my ticket if I won the castle stay tomorrow night, but my daughter told me I couldn't accept it without her there.

Night, all. I think it's Lifetime movie time!!

I missed the first ten minutes of David Cassidy, but he's singing his heart out. He can still rock it, apparently. Hi, David, I had your lunchbox!!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: we must be close in age, I may have had one too!

Well, it's our last day, fellow travelers!!! I hope you've had fun reading along. I've had a very nice trip, but today I' m a liitle eager to get home. I want the hassle of the airport to be over, and I want to see my daughter and get back into the swing of things, especially since the weather has changed and it will finally be fall at home! Goodbye to shorts and Tshirts!!

But first a last visit to the MK. I'll have to decide whether lunch will be at Cosmic Ray's or Columbia Harbor House. See you on the Carousel of Progress!

Hi from the General Joe Potter! I almost always take the ferry over to the MK -I have always loved ferries. I think the first one I ever rode was near Williamsburg - I was amazed you could drive your car onto a boat!!

It's cooler this morning but the forecast is for highs of 87 or so. The next couple of days should be highs in the upper 80s, with increasing chances of rain. By increasing I mean 30 or 40% chances instead of 10 or 20%. Don't panic if you are on the way - the weather is still going to be nice when you get here!

I haven't ridden a train yet, so I think I'll catch one and ride around to Toontown. All aboard!!

It always makes me ache a bit to say that goodbye to MK. Is there a Mickey Ice Cream Bar in the plans for your last day? :mickeybar

It always makes me ache a bit to say that goodbye to MK. Is there a Mickey Ice Cream Bar in the plans for your last day? :mickeybar

Yes, I'm sure a Mickey bar is in the plans! A 20 minute standby wait for Winnie the Pooh, so I'm going to ride. I really like the part where you cansee Mr. Toad handing the deed to owl. OK, I like the bouncing,too!

Well, now I feel bad. I got on Pooh with an adult man - he looked about my age. I know why I'm riding Pooh, but a single adult male? I spent the first part of the ride feeling a little creeped out - and the second part regretting it, because he was perfectly harmless and in fact impaired.

I know this because we stopped briefly in the room with the "flood" and he turned around and made eye contact. I said,"I hope we don't drown!" That would have been the time for him to say something funny, too - instead, He very seriously told me that in the book Piglet rode the chair over the waterfall . Once we chatted, he narrated the rest of the ride for me. "That's the page Pooh didn't want to leave!" ( Pooh eating honey).

OK, lesson learned. Remember, everyone's a kid in the MK!

Just in case, I rode Snow White with a mom and dad with two precious little girls. They were a little frightened of the witch. Btw, I was on Pooh in 5 minutes, and Snow White was a walk on. Five more minutes until the Philharmagic!!!

Thank you for your wonderful posts, DVCLiz!!! I am sitting here on my computer, watching the clock slowly tick by. DH and I have 5 days 11 hours 59 minutes until we are back "home" and your posts are making me smile!
Suitcases are already packed w/ME stickers attached, batteries are in the cameras, petsitter is here (thanks grandma Ginny!!), ADR's already made, MNSSHP tickets in hand, & we are ready to go. Come on October 22nd!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

PS: DH and I LOVE our iPhones. It's the best!

I love the Philharmagic! The kid next to me was totally into it, trying to catch everything. It was fun to watch him!

A 30 minute wait for Peter Pan, so I got a FP - the return time at 12:15pm is for 12:55pm, to give you an idea of how uncrowded Fantasyland is today. I'm going to have some chicken strips and an apple crisp before I ride PP, then I'll have a ceremonial ride on Small World. You can't come to Fantasyland and skip Small World - it would be un-American.

Thank you for your wonderful posts, DVCLiz!!! I am sitting here on my computer, watching the clock slowly tick by. DH and I have 5 days 11 hours 59 minutes until we are back "home" and your posts are making me smile!
Suitcases are already packed w/ME stickers attached, batteries are in the cameras, petsitter is here (thanks grandma Ginny!!), ADR's already made, MNSSHP tickets in hand, & we are ready to go. Come on October 22nd!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

PS: DH and I LOVE our iPhones. It's the best!

Not that you are counting or anything, right?LOL!

I have four hours and seven minutes until my plane takes off. I plan to leave the MK between 1:30pm and 2:00pm. I'drather be early for my flight, because I was really late for my flight out of town and I missed the chance to check my luggage and had to check k it at the plane, after going through security. I was allowed to take two sharp pairs of needlepoint scissors on board but they confiscated my shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and two bottles of bubble bath. Guess I can stab out the eyes of both the pilot and co- pilot as long as I don't try to improvetheir hygiene!!

I love the chicken strips at CHH, also the applecrisp dessert - although I liked the apple pie they used to serve better. I got apple slices instead of fries. Bite of apple, bite of apple crisp. Bit of apple, bite of apple crisp. Nice and healthy -until it's time for a Mickey bar!!!

I love the Philharmagic! The kid next to me was totally into it, trying to catch everything. It was fun to watch him!

A 30 minute wait for Peter Pan, so I got a FP - the return time at 12:15pm is for 12:55pm, to give you an idea of how uncrowded Fantasyland is today. I'm going to have some chicken strips and an apple crisp before I ride PP, then I'll have a ceremonial ride on Small World. You can't come to Fantasyland and skip Small World - it would be un-American.

Hi Liz, Where are you getting that Apple Crisp from?? And is it GOOD?? Hope you are enjoying your last few hours in the MK!! And THANK YOU so much for posting,it has been FUN!! My DS(20-tomorrow) just got the IPhone yesterday and he was so EXCITED!! Joan

The apple crisp is a dessert at the Columbia Harbor House. It's pretty good, although it's served cold and would be better warm.

OK, friends, time to sing along. C'mon, you know the words!!

"It's a world of laughter, a world of tears..."

Not that I want that song to be stuck in your head all day or anything...

Live from inside Small World! Passing through the Africa room and into Mexico, I think.

Someone ethnic in front of me just saw their country and cheered. I can't tell from the dolls which nationality they are supposed to be, and I can't see them well enough to tell. Too funny!

I love the flying fish!

In the last "white room". The cowboy above the exit is back- he was missing on our last trip.

OK, admit it. How many of you try to pronounce all the different ways to say goodbye at the end of Small World? And how many of you snicker when you see ma assalama?

Gosh, Buzz says it's 20 minute wait, so I'm going to try it.

Good Lord, it's a walk on! Where are all the people today?

286,000 - not bad!! Our family record is 750,000 - held my my daughter when she was much younger. We have no idea what she hit - nobody has gotten that close ever again!

On to the T T A!

On the TTA and another narrator mom on the moving ramp. I should say "mum" because they are Brits. It's much cuter with a British accent!

"Paging Mr. Morrow - Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

DVCLiz-Thank you for posting from MK. Almost seems like I'm there.:wizard: Wishing you a safe returns home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter