• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Cool is This? I'm DISing from MK!

This very second, 5:44pm and 40 seconds, I am sitting at a table between The Great Movie Ride an the Abc Com
issary. I finished my popcorn but I'm still working on my Diet Coke. There is a Sxottish woman sitting at the next table. I love her accent!! But her smoker's cough sounds just lik an American one does, and it is disgusting.

I think I lost my last post, so I'll try it again. I'm sitting in a smoking section again, but it is very breezy so it's not bothering me. The weather is actually divine, I must say - to quote Martin Short. Speaking of whom, I sure do miss the Wonders of Life pavillion. I loved to see The Making of Me; and I wish they would move Cranium Command somewhere else. Frans and Hans as the "pump it up" guys and Bobcat Goldthwaite as adrenelin are just too good to lose for all time.

Are you going on a "Into the Future" ride while you are there at MGM? Your post time is 05:20 PM and you say it is 5:44pm and 40 seconds :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: cool I LOVE new rides :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I LOVE your reporting! Btw, I'm one of the 4,000 lurkers! :)

Thanks so much for taking to time to let us "vacation" with you!!

Yeah, what's up with that time thing?! I noticed that, too. I promise I was looking at my regular watch set on EST.

Wow, up to 5000 views - don't you people have a life? Ha ha just kidding - I am having a lazy morning. I have decided to go to Epcot again today and browse my way around the World Showcase. Since it doesn't open until 11:00am I have a few minutes.

Oh, dear - I seem to have fallen victim to a DVCLiz family trait. We sometimes take a little break mid-trip and catch up on our Lifetime Movie network, and I have been sucked into a stalker movie. It's over at 11:00am, though. But, the classic Kate Jackson baby stealer movie is up next. Will I be able to resist??

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!! it feels like i am at disney and not at work!!! only three more days until my trip.
can you give me a detailed report on the weather? we are traveling with 11 adults with mental retardation - and i hope to god its not too hot!!! keep reporting - this is so much fun!
thanks
Jennifer

Yea, they captured the crazy stalker guy! Now I can get ready to go . I resisted the Kate Jackson movie.

There's a nice walking path around SSR . Of course, SSR is equally conducive to sitting in bed eating Cheeto's, which is what I'm doing instead.

On to Epcot!!

I am alone in the parks and it is snowing. That's today's crowd and weather report.

Seriously, I can't predict anything but it's supposed to be 88 today with a little humidity. Oh, and it did snow yesterday - outside the Narnia exhibit.

Only 8 more days and we'll be cruising around World Showcase too. Thanks for sharing your live iPhone reports!

P.S. Dis time definitely has its own time zone.

I was at the OU/Texas football game last week. It's the biggest event of the year around here. We had tickets on the 50 yard line which were selling for 500 to 1000 each. The girl in front of me spent 3 of the 4 quarters on her iphone. It just drives me crazy seeing that going on. They should ban all cell phones in public and while driving. I can understand if your a Doctor and on call but they usually have pagers. Is it just me ?

Hola from Mexico! At least I think that's how it is spelled - I will have to check with my daughter. You are still majoring in Spanish, aren't you, honey?

It is MUCH hotter today, I am sad to report. Yesterday was so cool I wished I had brought my sweater, so I'm lugging it around. Hope I need it later!

It's nice and cool inside Mexico, though. I like the inside of this pavillion. Heck, I even like the ride, both old and new versions. I think I'll go ride it now...

I was at the OU/Texas football game last week. It's the biggest event of the year around here. We had tickets on the 50 yard line which were selling for 500 to 1000 each. The girl in front of me spent 3 of the 4 quarters on her iphone. It just drives me crazy seeing that going on. They should ban all cell phones in public and while driving. I can understand if your a Doctor and on call but they usually have pagers. Is it just me ?

My daughter said my first reply was too mean and made me sound witchy, so I will it edit to say that although I support your right to have an opinion, I really enjoyed having my cell phone with me and using it to entertain some internet friends this week.:goodvibes

Hey Liz.......a quick question............

Is Jedi Training Academy open as a permanent exhibit at MGM yet? We enjoyed it once at Star Wars weekends but are hoping it is in place by November.

Thanks (I have enjoyed your reports!)

Ah, Donald Duck. I've never seen him as Mexican at all - wonder why they decided to make him a caballero all those years ago?

On to Norway! I like to go into the Stave church - it's always cool and quiet. Plus, it really feels culturally accurate in a way a lot of World Showcase doesn't. Then I'm going to ride Maelstrom!

Hey Liz.......a quick question............

Is Jedi Training Academy open as a permanent exhibit at MGM yet? We enjoyed it once at Star Wars weekends but are hoping it is in place by November.

Thanks (I have enjoyed your reports!)

Hmm, I don't know anything about the schedule, except it was underway yesterday, with several shows scheduled. Lots of happy little Jedis in training!! Was this a Star Wars Weekend? I didn't see anything about it.

Hmm, I don't know anything about the schedule, except it was underway yesterday, with several shows scheduled. Lots of happy little Jedis in training!! Was this a Star Wars Weekend? I didn't see anything about it.

thanks for the info!

Star Wars weekends are in May/June, but since Jedi training was always such a hit they decided to make it permanent. I had heard it was scheduled for "fall" so wasn't sure if it was up and running yet.

My young padawans will be happy to hear the force will soon be with them!

Watch out for the trolls they are tricksters. At least that's what I learned from the Jan Brett book. :rotfl:

thanks for the info!

Star Wars weekends are in May/June, but since Jedi training was always such a hit they decided to make it permanent. I had heard it was scheduled for "fall" so wasn't sure if it was up and running yet.

My young padawans will be happy to hear the force will soon be with them!

Yes, Jedi Training Academy is open!!! The show runs 8 times a day. The times are: 9:40, 10:40, 11:40, 12:30, 1:20, 2:10, 3:45, and 4:45. :darth:
Photos on WDWMagic - www wdwmagic com/disney.htm (You'll have to manually enter the URL or copy and add the dots. DIS censors wdwmagic links for some reason.)

OK, thanks, Jedi answer poster!

Those Vikings were pretty damn tough. If you read the info in the Stave church. They sure knew how to raid and pillage. A ten minute wait for Maelstrom - I am next to be seated. Here we go - I'm watching out for trolls!

This is great!! I am happy that you are having such a terrific time and are managing to keep us all informed!

What's up with SE?? Any news about it.

If you happen to have a brat and beer in Germany, think of me :drinking1 !

:wave2:

For those who like a minute by minute report, I'm sitting on a bench in the middle of the Norway ride, waiting for the Norway movie to start. I almost always stay and watch the movie. Plus, a few more minutes to appreciate the "attributes" of the cute blond Norwegian CM who is unloading the boat - not that I'm interested in someone so young, of course...

Here we go into the movie...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter