How comfortable are the sleeper sofas in the Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village?

wdwdano@yahoo.com

Theme Park Commando
We are currently planning a trip to AKV in the spring and I was wondering if the sleeper sofa was ok to sleep on.

Is it comfortable?

We spent a week in a 1 bedroom at Kidani in October. My 11 year old daughter slept on the pull-out chair, and the 10 year old slept on the pull-out couch. Both were very comfortable! No worries!

I'm a convert. I never liked the idea of sofa sleepers, but comments on the Dis gave me the courage to try them. My DD and I have shared them at Kidani, Boardwalk, and SSR and have never had an issue. There aren't any bars poking you or anything. The only annoyance is having to set it up - especially if you get home late the first night. We try to adjust our schedules to allow for a bit of setup time before crashing.

I've had my daughters on them on a few trips and my sister and her friend on another trip and they have all slept well! I took a short nap on one once and it is MUCH better than most sleeper sofas.

Mattress to thin for my 62 year old body.:rotfl:

probably ok for younger folks, but not for me.

We will be bringing our 8 year old grand daughter to Disney with us on our next trip, she doesn't like to sleep away from us in a strange place. Can the chair sleeper be moved into the master bedroom, or the mattress be removed? Dont know if we will have room for a blow up mattress, and we are trying to cover all the bases. Any info will be appreciated.

Can the chair sleeper be moved into the master bedroom, or the mattress be removed?
It is big and very heavy. My DH tried to move it just a few inches to make it easier to close the curtains in our room and he found it difficult. It would take two strong people to lift it and maneuver it through the doorway into the master bedroom.

It is big and very heavy. My DH tried to move it just a few inches to make it easier to close the curtains in our room and he found it difficult. It would take two strong people to lift it and maneuver it through the doorway into the master bedroom.

Thanks...do you know if the cushions are removable, or the mattress?

I found the sleeper sofas at Kidani more comfortable than the ones at Saratoga. We had some trouble setting ours up but I think I saw another thread around here recently where someone said they were replacing a bunch of the Kidani sleeper sofas so maybe that will fix that issue.

We stayed in a 2 Bd at Kidani in November. Our 11 year old son slept on the sleeper chair and loved it. Our only reason was we left it open the whole time. We didn't want to do that with the couch because it would take up too much room. Our 16 year old daughter slept on the sleeper sofa at Beach club the year before and was very comfortable too. No problems with any of the sleepers so far at any dvc resort we have stayed at.

We are currently planning a trip to AKV in the spring and I was wondering if the sleeper sofa was ok to sleep on.

Is it comfortable?

Stayed at Kidani Village in July. My wife and I slept on the sleeper as our pregnant daughter and her husband stayed in the MBR. I expected the worst (as my experience on sleeper sofas was always dreadful). Was I ever surprised! This was the most comfortable sleeper sofa I had ever slept on. No bars or uncomfortable hard spots, and the mattress was very supportive and just the right firmness. Slept on it for a week with no problems.

My 20 year old DS slept on the sleeper chair in a THV this past June. She had no complaints and said it was really comfortable, but the fact that she had her own bed instead of sharing a sleeper sofa with her sister may have played into that:rotfl2: I slept on the sleeper sofa at BWV, very comfortable, no complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter