How cheap can you make it ??

MiniMissMinnie

A Danish Disneyholic
Hi !!

Me and my friend ( 21 and 19 y.o )have thought about taking a 5-7 day trip to Los Angeles - Anaheim.
We want 2 days in Disney and 2 nights at a Disney-hotel ( Or a an Anahaim hotel ) and the rest of the nights near Hollywood - Beverly Hills.
How cheap do you think we can make this trip ?? ( Without transportation!!) I've thought about 300 per person....or is that totally unrealistic ??

Thanx for all answers.....and budget-trip experiences!!

Disney-hugs

Marie:) :bounce:

Marie, I hate to tell you but that is unrealistic. The $600 between the two of you would not even cover the hotel costs. Unless you plan on staying in some REALLY inexpensive hotels (and honestly, they can be pretty scary, I wouldn't do it), I don't think you'd have a chance at a 7-night trip.

You COULD do a 2-3 night trip if you stayed at an inexpensive Anaheim motel and ate frugally, but you won't find any hotel in the Beverly Hills/Hollywood area (that you would want to stay in) with the budget you have.

Good luck! :D

I agree with Michelle that you have to be careful of the hotels up in the LA area. If you drive up and explore Beverly Hills on one day and then head out towards the beach (Santa Monica and Malibu way) for a hotel for the night and then exlore Hollywood the next day. If you need another hotel for the night, stay in one of the airport hotels. A lot of the price depends on what time of the year you're coming (summer, holidays are a lot more expensive). Here are some other tips:

Don't drive up to BH/Hollywood first thing in the morning. Traffic is bad until about 9:30-10:00 and most stores don't open until 10:00.

Some stores/restaurants open late or are closed on Sundays in BH/Hollywood.

Once you find a hotel that sounds good, post it on this board and hopefully someone knows about it.

Buy your food and drinks at a market and bring it into the parks and on your other travels.

Good luck and have fun!

:D :D

Have you considered using Priceline? Since you're not in the U.S., I'm not sure if you can but it might be worth looking into. I've stayed at a 3* hotel (Marriott) several times for less than $30 per nite.

Can I ask how you plan on getting from Anaheim to Hollywood. Beverly Hills and Hollywood.....well unless you are in the hills it's not a super great area! Sure you are pretty safe where all the touristy stuff is but if you don't have a car ... I don't know maybe I'm way off. My best friend and I have driven to L.A. at least once a month sometimes twice for the last 9 months. We've stayed in Hollywood with friends and we've stayed in Long Beach with friends. It's easy to get lost. Last time we were there we witnessed a drive by shooting at a club in Beverly Hills.... you just never know.

Things we like to do: (2, 24 yr olds)

Venice Beach
Santa Monica Pier
Shopping on Melrose and Rodeo although I found both to be alot different than I expected.
Disneyland
Universal Studios

Just be careful! I worry about everything if you can't tell :p

My humble opinion.

If you are going to Hollywood, there are a few great hotels that are clean safe, and even historical monuments. Of course, since I live in the area, I've never had to stay in a hotel, so I don't know how much they cost, so it's worth looking into.

The Roosevelt on Hollywood Blvd (Right across from Graumann's (Mann's) Chinese Theater) - This hotel is where the Academy Awards (Oscars) were first held. In fact, it still plays a vital role in the film industry, because of its location, and there are usually open casting calls in the Cinegrill (also very famous in Hollywood history). If you stay there, almost everything is right out your door. The El Capitan is to the east, The Chinese is across the street, The Egyptian Theater is to the west. There are people selling "star maps" although I was never into that, I'm more into hollywood history. The Hollywood & Highland shopping center is across the street -very new, lots of stores, very clean. Also, they offer a free shuttle up to the Hollywood Bowl if you are interested in some music and a picnic. www.hollywoodroosevelt.com

The Chateau Marmont on Sunset - This is one of the earliest hotels built in Hollywood. Right on the Sunset Strip. If you care about older history, it was built in the days of "Gower Gulch" when every major studio had a location on this Boulevard. It goes back to the silent movie era, and has a very antique feel. It is very relaxing just to sit around the pool, it really feels like you have gotten away from it all. Because of its location, you are near the Roxy, The Whisky, A whole bunch of clubs, The laugh Factory, The Arclight theater (Aka, the Cinerama dome)...Go here if you want to see actors. My friend went to see Minority report and tripped OVER Ben Affleck when trying to get to his seat...hehe...it was a pleasant experience. When I went, I saw Ben Stiller, and his wife Christine Taylor. Just be polite and don't oogle - that's not nice. ;) http://www.chateaumarmont.com/chateau2.html

The Beverly Hills hotel is also on Sunset, but is obviously closer to Beverly Hills, than Hollywood. It's history is more focused as a "celebrity getaway" throughout the 50's, but it still gets stars today...I'm just assuming, but this may be the most expensive of the 3. I visited a friend while she was staying there, and the rooms are AMAZING!!! Truly gorgeous. http://www.beverlyhillshotel.com/

Now, If you want something cheaper, I wouldn't advise something in Hollywood. I would advise that you do the following. Do all your stuff in Hollywood, then take Highland ave to Santa Monica Blvd, and go about 10 min till you hit Santa Monica, there you will find Holiday Inn's and Ho Jo's, and other cheap, but acceptable hotels, and it is a safer environment.

I hope this helps
~Tina
Good Luck, I wish you the best. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter