How can we save "Pushing Daisies"?????

Suzie Zoo

Jessie's Girl Was a Fool!
I am soooo sad right now. Something was posted in the Life on Mars thread that ABC has canceled Pushing Daisies.

I usually receive this type of info in my email... but I haven't gotten any kind of notification.

BUT... there's gotta be something we can do!!!

I found an online petition here. Don't know how legitimate this is, but it can't hurt.

When Jericho was canceled, fans sent peanuts to the network... should we send pies?! LOL.

Gonna go search for more info.

Pies or dasies I was thinking!!! I'm so upset about this. They also canned Eli Stone!!!:mad: I'll send them a box of rocks (stones)!! LOL

I say this very often, it seems: The time to "save" a television program is before it is cancelled. The way to "save" a television program is to watch religiously, and evangelize to get others to watch religiously -- lots of others.

I'm sad about Daisies but just slightly more distraught about Eli Stone. :sad1:

Finally, a show about hope and faith and doing the right thing and it gets canned. :headache:

I love both of these shows. I can't believe that ABC would cancel them. If they keep canceling all these shows all we will have left are reality shows.

Love this show, but often when I expected it to be on, it wasn't. :confused3 Maybe it will be resurrected on a different network. (Excuse the pun.)

I say this very often, it seems: The time to "save" a television program is before it is cancelled. The way to "save" a television program is to watch religiously, and evangelize to get others to watch religiously -- lots of others.

Okay, but when you're already done that and they cancel it anyway the viewers still want to do something. It worked for other shows, I'm hoping it can work for this one.

The last episode that was filmed is supposed to be a huge cliffhanger. At the very least, I think the fans deserve to see it wrapped up. I think they should do that with any show that is canceled.

Okay, but when you're already done that and they cancel it anyway the viewers still want to do something. It worked for other shows, I'm hoping it can work for this one.
Well, let's think about that a bit. It hasn't really "worked" for other shows.

Jericho made a big splash with its campaign, and actually was one of the few that ever got the show to be returned to the schedule. Jericho tanked, though, and the series simply died again, only seven episodes later. That's because there was a reason why the show was canceled in the first place: It wasn't very popular. Bringing it back for a second-chance doesn't generally make people start watching a show who weren't willing to watch it the first time around. And highly-publicized examples like Jericho only serve to make it far less likely that such efforts will be successful in the future, since the network, there, made the investment, but the viewers didn't do their part of the bargain. Fool them once, shame on you; fool them twice, shame on them.

Beyond Jericho, other shows I recall where folks launched campaigns to rescue the show after cancellation:

Women's Murder Club - still gone
Moonlight - still gone
Cane - still gone
The 4400 - still gone
Journeyman - still gone
Veronica Mars - still gone
Carnivale - still gone
Enterprise - still gone
Joan of Arcadia - still gone
Eyes - still gone
Knights of Prosperity - still gone

Other shows, like Jericho, did get second chances, but not a single one lasted more than the second-chance, including Farscape and Firefly. However, both of those were Sci-Fi, and that genre is especially positively inclined towards cult favorites.

The last episode that was filmed is supposed to be a huge cliffhanger. At the very least, I think the fans deserve to see it wrapped up. I think they should do that with any show that is canceled.
I think "deserve" is really the crux of the issue here: It implies obligation. There is no such obligation. If it happens; great! However, in this context, obligation on the part of the network and producers only would stem from a substantial number of viewers showing the program a significant amount of loyalty, and that simply was not the case.

My interest in making a point of this is really to reduce disappointment -- disappointment I see being fostered by projecting expectations not likely to come to fruition. :hippie:

Firefly fans didn't manage to get the show back on the air, but their rabid purchase of DVD sets served as enough clout to get the movie Serenity made.

Alas, I think we have to face the fact that Pushing Daisies was always going to be a show that did not appeal to the common man. Let us be thankful that it may be cancelled before it has the chance to jump the shark.

I'm anxious to see how long Dollhouse survives after it airs.

I'm anxious to see how long Dollhouse survives after it airs.
Interesting point -- there is already a "Save Dollhouse" campaign. And this fits in really well with the point I made earlier: The time to save a show is before it is canceled. These folks are seeking to organize viewing parties and other activities that will foster very strong viewership. That's the key: strong viewership.

Firefly fans didn't manage to get the show back on the air, but their rabid purchase of DVD sets served as enough clout to get the movie Serenity made.
Unfortunately the movie did not do well enough at the box office to justify a sequel. The Brownshirts are still trying to convince someone to do a sequel without much success.

Don't forget "Wonderfalls" which Fox cancelled after only showing 4 episodes in bad time slots on Fridays and moving the start time at least twice in those four showings. Fans did manage to get them to release the full season on DVD (even those that didn't air on TV). Great show. Go buy the DVDs. Fantastic suff.

Ironically, the lead actor in "Pushing Daisies" was a character in "Wonderfalls". Maybe he's just bad luck. :)

you might want to check this site out. people have been sending daisy packets into the network, but so far nothing has worked.

http://savedaisies.com/

i'm going to be sad to see the show gone. i feel like the neilsen ratings are utter crap and don't accurately show who is watching what shows.

Interesting point -- there is already a "Save Dollhouse" campaign. And this fits in really well with the point I made earlier: The time to save a show is before it is canceled. These folks are seeking to organize viewing parties and other activities that will foster very strong viewership. That's the key: strong viewership.

Seriously? That's just....I dunno. Sad and funny at the same time.

it over folks. time to spend your energy on something that matters and has a chance to succeed. sorry if this is harsh, but it is the truth.

So - seeing as this was cancelled :sad2:

how would you write the ending?

I'd have to have him be able to finally touch Chuck (and she'd live), so they could live happily ever after!!!!

So - seeing as this was cancelled :sad2:

how would you write the ending?

I'd have to have him be able to finally touch Chuck (and she'd live), so they could live happily ever after!!!!

I'm probably the only person who would say this, but I'm all for having Chuck realize that she can now live the life she always wanted far, far away from her neurotic aunts/mother and the piemaker who could accidentally kill her with a stray touch and Ned finally realizing that the one he's been looking for all along - the sweet, caring, devoted Olive - was right in front of him all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter