How can I incorporate Disney into a non-Disney Orlando vacation?

2Pirates2Princesses

DIS Veteran
We are planning to head back down to Orlando next August but we won't be going to WDW :sad1: We are planning on doing a 5 night Sea World/Lego Land trip. I think our recent WDW trip was so memorable and we had so much fun, so the Disney fan in me wants to jump back into the World as soon as possible :laughing: Unfortunately, DH says no more WDW parks until our 2 yr old is 5 yrs old and over 40"inches tall :sad2: I know I will be going bananas being in Orlando and not going to Disney :headache: Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can incorporate Disney in this trip without going to any of the parks? I was thinking maybe spending a day doing mini golf at Fantasia Gardens and having lunch at TRex in DTD or a day at a Disney water park. I know if I present options to my DH that are too pricey or time consuming he will say no and remind me that this isn't a Disney trip :laughing: I need something to hold me until I can start planning our next WDW trip that is three years away :laughing:

well you could spend some time at downtown disney. you could make a reservation for chef mickey's for a meal--or any other character meal in a resort... do the mini golf--what about a water park??

All of your ideas are excellent!! We live in Orlando and when we want a "Mickey" fix.....we do Downtown Disney or have dinner at one of the resorts....and we love Fort Wilderness!! You can go have a fried chicken dinner at Trails End and watch the MK fireworks from the beach there OR go to watch the outdoor movie and make s'mores!! :)

I second dinner at one of the resorts. If it's one of the monorail resorts, you can follow it up with a little monorail tour. If it's late enough, maybe you can time a trip on the Epcot loop to coincide with the start of Illuminations. Then you can head back over to the MK resort area and watch Wishes from the TTC or the Poly beach.

DTD is also a fun option, as are the water parks. Both could end up being a little pricey, though.

All of your ideas are excellent!! We live in Orlando and when we want a "Mickey" fix.....we do Downtown Disney or have dinner at one of the resorts....and we love Fort Wilderness!! You can go have a fried chicken dinner at Trails End and watch the MK fireworks from the beach there OR go to watch the outdoor movie and make s'mores!! :)

I forgot all about Fort Wilderness! That idea sounds great and would be something we could do since we plan on renting a minivan. :thumbsup2

I second dinner at one of the resorts. If it's one of the monorail resorts, you can follow it up with a little monorail tour. If it's late enough, maybe you can time a trip on the Epcot loop to coincide with the start of Illuminations. Then you can head back over to the MK resort area and watch Wishes from the TTC or the Poly beach.

DTD is also a fun option, as are the water parks. Both could end up being a little pricey, though.

True, I can see my DH saying forget the water park idea when he sees how much the price of admission is to the water parks. I also like the idea of going to DTD for a meal but we would have to be careful to not turn a lunch at Disney into a shopping trip :laughing:

Why not go Resort hopping? check out some of the various resorts, and maybe take in a meal at one of the many nice restaurants at the resorts.

Horseback riding or a carriage ride at Ft. Wilderness. Carriage rides at POR.

You and the Hubby (if you find childcare) could do a night on the Boardwalk at Jellyrolls.

Disneyquest at DTD might be an option, or maybe take in a show at Cirque Du Soleil.

You can watch Wishes from the beach of the Poly (maybe on a day checking out the resorts?)

There are a ton of possibilities. There is so much to do on the Disney property that don't involve the parks that sometimes it's actually nice to have park-free trips so you can focus on the other options available without the temptation of running to your favorite park.

Go to the MK and ride the ferry boat to Poly ,Floridian etc .Its free...go in Poly and get a Dole Whip and watch the fireworks from the beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter