How can I convince my family that Disney is better than Europe???

Trinity524

DIS Veteran
I booked bounce back from my trip last September trip and now my family is saying that they want to go to Ireland because it will be about the same price. There are two kids under two going. I am so sad! I don't know how to convince them. HELP!!!

Well, you really cannot compare the two. Ireland is a country with amazing sites & sounds - Disney is an amusement park. Do you have family in Ireland & that is why they want to go? How old are your children? How many times have you been to Disney & how many times have you been to Ireland? If you just did Disney, I don't see why you can't do Ireland this time with the understanding that the trip after that would be to Disney. Good luck!

Wow, I would go to Ireland. I am no help whatsoever am I?

We could never do Ireland as cheaply as we do Disney, but we do Disney very frugally so that we can keep going.

Dawn

As much as I would love to do Ireland, two kids under two? I'd take Disney...
convince your family that if you go to Ireland, they will be enterataining the little ones on the flights!:rolleyes:

ummm, You can walk from England to France in just a few minutes?

You can eat breakfast in France, lunch in Italy and dinner in Germany?

No Passport necessary? (THat can be a huge cost factor depending on the # of people going)

They are totally different vacation, but with young kids, I'd pick Disney hands down!

No help here either I'd be rooting for Ireland too even with two under 2, especially if I had just been to Disney the previous year. That being said Disney would probably be easier with 2 under two then international flights, time changes etc, since it took DS who was 18 months at the time 4+ days to get over jet lag when we went to India and came home, so if it is a week long visit to Ireland the jet lag especially of the younger ones might be a concern.

I'm not sure why the specific location of Ireland was picked but if there is a solid reason why there then I'd give it a chance. Ireland is so beautiful and there are many open places for the little ones to roam and so many wonderful sites to see there.

I'd honestly choose Ireland over WDW.

It's funny, because I'm kind of going through the same problem. I am planning to go to Disney in 2010, and my DD wants to go to Ireland instead. What's with Ireland lately? Thankfully my DH thinks we should go to Disney. I have family in Ireland, but they are all scattered around, so I don't even have an idea where would stay in the first place. For us, we haven't been to Disney in 8 years, so I really want to go back!

I booked bounce back from my trip last September trip and now my family is saying that they want to go to Ireland because it will be about the same price. There are two kids under two going. I am so sad! I don't know how to convince them. HELP!!!

Hold your horses...

Have you looked at airfare?

If it's stil the same price Which I would be shocked if it was...

then IMO whoever is paying for the trip decides where you go.

I went in Sept. with my then 10 month old. He will be 22 months this September. My niece will be one in April. We are 1st generation Irish, but before my son, my family used to go to Europe for a week all together. I had my dream of AKL, after staying at POP, so it is about the same amount. I love the walk from Country to Country... I am going to add that bit tonight at dinner! What else do we have????

I'm sorry I'm no help because I'd pick Europe over WDW anyday. Maybe you can swing a side trip to Disneyland Paris for a few days while you're there?

As much as we love Disney, and we truly do, I would take Ireland in a heartbeat. Disney is wonderful but there is a whole world to explore, and although Epcot is great the world showcase simply does not compare. Ireland is beautiful with amazing sites. I also would not worry too much about there being children under 2 as it is so family friendly. My sister lives there and we always laugh how her 6 year old nephew has been going to the local pub for years and the bartender makes him a kid version of Guiness.

Wherever you choose to go, I hope you enjoy it. :goodvibes

If this isn't a once in a lifetime Ireland trip, I would sway towards the Ireland side...for us Europe won't be once in a lifetime, but it would be infrequent enough that we absolutely have opted to NOT go while DS is little. If we had much more money we would have been once or twice already, b/c it's incredible there (don't have to tell you that).

Maybe you need to do a quick solo trip to WDW or DLR before or after a family trip overseas.:goodvibes

[QUOTE How can I convince my family that Disney is better than Europe??? [/QUOTE]

You can't, It's not! Go to Ireand!

Eh, I've been to Ireland a few times (I'm English, it was close by), but with two kids under two I'd take Disney any day. One of my trips to Ireland is ranked as one of my best vacations, but only because whilst there we saw my favorite comedian perform :love:. Also, wouldn't your family rather wait until the two little ones are older so they can enjoy this (presumably) once-in-a-lifetime trip? Europe can be hard with small children if you're not used to the culture, it's a lot less conservative. Either way, have fun! :wizard:

Sorry, OP... I'm a total Disney nut, but I'd NEVER say that Disney is better than Europe... I've actually told my family that this will probably be our last Disney trip for a while because I want to go back to Europe.

Another vote for Ireland. As much as I love Disney, I'll take the real thing vs. make believe given the chance.

I would go to Ireland too. Sorry, but I would love for a chance to visit a different country, for real. I will probably never get a change to leave the country.

Another who votes for Ireland. Many don't want to admit it on these boards, but there's much more to the world than Disney. Even if your little ones can't remember you'll remember what they did & saw over there. My youngest doesn't remember visiting Disneyland when she was 2 but I remember her experiences & how much fun she had. And she still loves looking at the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter