How can I convince my brother to try the TZTOT?

Miss Marie

Mouseketeer
I was asking my brother about which rides he'd been willing to try next trip. He told me he was fine with trying Splash Mountain (and he said that Space Mountain is still a maybe) but he just won't do Tower of Terror. I know he's not scared of the drop part of it (He can manage that) but I think it's more of the story and the idea of an abandoned hotel with a portal to the"Twilight Zone" that really scares him.

But I can't understand WHY that would freak him out! He's NUTS over the HM, and he and I watch episodes of the Twilight Zone all the time and he is never scared (Except for the episode with the ventriliquist dummy). He keeps saying that it's the scariest ride at WDW and refuses to go on it, even though I know that he would love it. I've told him that I will be there with him, and that he won't end up in the Twilight Zone, but he just will not listen. He's 12 years old and would love a ride like this.

How can I convince him to try it at least once?

I just discovered why he won't ride it: he claims that the dummy (from the episode mentioned above) is seen somewhere at the end of the ride!

I think he will love the ride if he loves the Twilight Zone tv show. I can't recall ever seeing the dummy on the ride.

Just me when I see my picture after the ride.

It would be a terrible thing to try to bribe, or coerce someone onto a ride, even if you think he would like it. How will you feel if it turns out to really scare him after all?? This can truly be traumatic for some people.

But there are a couple of things that you could try, and then leave the decision up to him:

1. Show him you-tube videos of the ride.

2. Ask him if he would be comfortable just walking through the pre-show part of the queue, and then taking the chicken exit. Perhaps if he did this the first time you rode, he might want to try the ride itself the next time.

Our grandson claimed that he would ride Twilight Zone no matter what. He is five. His sister is 13 and said there was no way in heck she would ride it. Neither one went on it.

If your brother doesn't want to do it, don't force him. I agree with the previous poster who suggested your brother doing everything but the drop and then leaving if he so chooses. But please don't force him to do something he doesn't want to do. It's not worth it. You can both enjoy until the early exit and then he can leave. He just waits about 10 minutes until you are done. I've been doing that for the past seven years while my husband rides. No big deal at all. Just do not force someone to do anything they don't want to do.

My DS has ridden it since he was 3 years old. He hates HM but, loves ToT.

I am freaked out by dummies and I don't remember seeing one and I have ridden it tons of times. I HATE TZ show but, I love ToT!

Beats me what gets in some people's heads. If he doesn't want to do it, I'd leave him alone. If he told me he didn't want to do it because he was afraid, then I'd tell him to man-up. Little girls ride that thing, and it's Disney. There's nothing that scary in the park.

When 4 year old dd was in line, a guy asked if it was OK to take her picture so that he could text it to his girlfriend who was waiting outside scared. :lmao:

Beats me what gets in some people's heads. If he doesn't want to do it, I'd leave him alone. If he told me he didn't want to do it because he was afraid, then I'd tell him to man-up. Little girls ride that thing, and it's Disney. There's nothing that scary in the park.

What????:scared1::scared1::eek::eek:

He has been considering it now. I told him that there is a small chance that he'll even NOTICE the dummy after he has done the drops. He might be going to Islands of Adventure with me and they have a drop ride, if I can get him to do that and see if he has fun with the drops (which I'm sure he will) then he will probably have no problem on the TOT.

He has already watched a video of it and says it looks like it would be really cool. And he has googled tons of pictures from the TOT (That is where he saw the pic of the dummy at the end of the ride) and has made different powerpoints and photostories of it (he got a kind of obsession with it's whole story :lmao:), so if it's just the dummy, then he might be perfectly fine riding it.

I told him if he tries it once and doesn't like it, then he won't have to do it again. He's thinking about that.

My DS has ridden it since he was 3 years old. He hates HM but, loves ToT.

I am freaked out by dummies and I don't remember seeing one and I have ridden it tons of times. I HATE TZ show but, I love ToT!

The dummy is at the end after the drops when the elevator backs up and you pass all those Twilight Zone props.

The dummy is at the end after the drops when the elevator backs up and you pass all those Twilight Zone props.

Yep, that's what he told me.

Do you think he'll even NOTICE the thing after the drops? Or do you think he will because of the fact that he knows about it?

I'm still not convinced to go on that thing! Just tell him Tusken Raiders raided the place and that Jedi are protectecting the hotel. But seriously, he can close his eyes and cover his ear during the dark ride portion. If it can work on Dinosaur, it can work on ToT, right?

I'm still not convinced to go on that thing! Just tell him Tusken Raiders raided the place and that Jedi are protectecting the hotel. But seriously, he can close his eyes and cover his ear during the dark ride portion. If it can work on Dinosaur, it can work on ToT, right?

He loves Indiana Jones and Star Wars and perhaps with that said he might ride it. He said he'll do it already, but I'm sure he might chicken out once we actually get there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter