How busy will the week after Easter be?

utahkennedys

DIS Veteran
Our RCI trade just came through for a 1BR OKW unit over Easter. I hadn't expected this match as we put a broad range of dates in that would work, and we don't usually go at holidays/busy times...so how bad will it be? On this trip we plan to keep it pretty low key and probably only do 2 park days plus water parks/resort time. TIA!

I was there this year on the week after Easter. We arrived on Tuesday after Easter. I was prepared for the worst - as we were planning on going to the parks every day. It was really not as bad as we expected. We do our best to be there at Rope Drop and were able to do most of what we wanted to using fast passes and hitting big attractions early in the morning. We generally go to WDW during early to mid June - so we are used to crowds and although it was crowded, it was doable. We avoided EMH parks and were there (like I said) at rope drop and we had a good trip.

Thanks, we usually go in Sept/Oct which has seemed busier from Free Dining so we are just going to have the attitude that we'll do our best and like you said, arrive early and use FPs as often was we can. Each time we go we always say we don't have enough resort time, so on this trip I am planning a lot of resort and down time for once with a good excuse!

With Easter coming so late next year I fear the worse. We always go after Easter but before Memorial Day, and next year that window is only going to be around 3 weeks. I actually booked my room this week at the 11 month window as I fear availability will be tougher because of the later Easter break. We usually come in on a Saturday, but since April 30th will be still part of the Easter break, I'm not prepared to pay those prices, so will be coming in on Sunday. I booked the BWV-studio-standard for 12 nights.

The weeks on either side of Easter, along with the week between Christmas & New Year's, are historically the busiest of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter