• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Busy WIll July 9th-16th Be?

Extremely!!!!I have been three times from July 10 or so to the 17th. Family member has b-day in that time frame so we always picked the week his b-day fell in. Very hot!!!!but with careful planning you can have a great trip.

The heat and humidity never ruined our trip, I was always way more concerned about the rain then I ever was about the heat.

We always go in July and have found the closer you get to double-digit days, the busier it gets. Just have a plan, ie: use a.m. EMH to get the big things done you want, leave when it gets too busy/hot and go to a non-EMH park in the evening.

I have always read on these boards that Christmas week and Spring/Easter break were the busiest at WDW!!! :scared1: To those who have gone at those times, is July busier than those weeks?

Christmas/New Years and Easter are the busiest of the year. But July comes close, and plus its super hot and humid. We've gone in July, we're usually in the parks until 11 or 12, then back at the pool until 5, when we're back in the parks. Way too hot, way too crowded to get your full Disney experience, IMHO.

We always go in July. Yes, it's hot and crowded. But if you know how to plan your days, you will still have a great time. We always have a great time. We never let the heat and humidity ruin our Disney experience. :)

July is busy but it's nothing like Christmas Week. IMO.
Make sure you have a plan and make sure you don't over do it each day.

We went in July a few years ago. It was very busy, but we had put some planning into our days, so I felt like it was manageable. The heat is another story. We knew it would be hot but didn't really appreciate just HOW hot. Our kids at that time were 9 and 4, so we had already planned for some afternoon breaks for naps and that was a big help.

We're going week after next which is the beginning of spring break season. So, I don't have experience yet to know if it is worse or about the same, but I will soon. I do know the heat won't be as bad, and that will be good.

You'll have a great time even if it is hot and crowded!

We go in July every year (I'm a teacher, no other choice ;).) I think the heat is more of a factor than the crowds (and we live in SC, so we're used to the heat, but at home you're not usually outside for 7-8 hours at a time in the summer!) Everyone always says to go early, leave around 12, and then come back to the parks around 5 or 6. We actually get to the parks around 9 or 10 and stay through about 4, go take a quick shower/change and then come back around 7 or 8 for evening EMH. Totally against most 'touring plans,' but we've never really had a problem getting to ride everything we want. The only things we REALLY needed to get to the parks early to make sure we could ride were TSM and Soarin. There WILL be a large amount of tour groups, and that's normally the only issue because they travel in LARGE groups. So if you get to a ride or restaurant after them, it's going to increase your wait time drastically! Have fun! We love summers at WDW!

ETA: A tip I forgot to mention. Definitely pack 2-3 outfits per day. There is nothing better than coming back, showering, and putting on clean, DRY clothes! Also, I always pack Febreze so you can spray down items that you might have to re-wear (if you're not planning on doing laundry.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter