How busy week after Thanksgiving??

tinkerbell1967

DIS Veteran
Thinking about booking a trip for the week following Thanksgiving, arriving Sat to Sat, how will the crowds be? We have gone over thanksgiving already and it was o.k. until that weekend and then it was just hectic! That is why we are thinking maybe the following week will not be so bad, any thoughts??

I love going the week after Thanksgiving. In the past we have always left on Friday the day after Thanksgiving through the following Friday or Saturday. We have found that the crowds that first weekend are getting busier than years past. The crowds drop right off that Sunday, everyone going home. After this year...we have decided to leave on Sunday through Saturday. It's great because MVMCP starts that Sunday. I've been to Disney in Feb and Sept, but I really love November. Hope this helps!! :earsgirl: :earsboy: :wizard: princess:

I went that week this year, arriving the Sunday after Thanksgiving and leaving the following Sunday. I thought it was wonderful!! The beginning of the week after Thanksgiving (Mon-Thurs) was just perfect crowd-wise, in my opinion! The weather was wonderful, though it did rain one day, and a couple of days it was easily warm enough to swim. :) The following weekend was busy with the parade filming and locals visiting for the Christmas decor, and also Pop Warner kids. But still not bad in my opinion!

But others here said that week was absolutely packed and they couldn't believe it! So I guess it's all a matter of opinion and what you are used to!

We went this past November after Thanksgiving-one word TERRIFIC!!!!!! We were in the parks starting Sun. after Thanksgiving to Friday the 2nd of Dec. We didnt experience any crowds until the 2nd at Epcot. All other day we had no wait time or 5-10 mins. Some rides we didnt even have to get off of because no one was there to reload. This is our new favorite time to go.

I think it is a great time. My sister has been visiting WDW for the past 5 or 6 years (before I moved here) at that same time, and she loves it. I always tell folks it is one of the best times to visit. (I guess I should stop spreading that news!) The crowds tend to be lighter, and for the most part our weather is usually pretty good!!

I love it then too, as that's when the holiday decorations are all up - and it really starts to feel like Christmas is near!

We also came for a short visit (two days at MK) on the Sun and Mon after Thanksgiving. Sunday was REALLY great. It was the first MVMCP and I think the crowds were low because of that. Monday was a little more crowded but still a great time. We arrived at the GF on Saturday, but did not do any parks that day - the resort was packed and everyone we talked to said MK was packed also. We just enjoyed swimming and hanging out. We are planning to go again that time this year.

We are planning to go that same week in 06. Maybe we will see you there!! If not, have a great time!!!!

you may want to check on the Pop Warner dates. They sometime fall in that week and that can cause a change in your plans especially if you are planning stay at one of the value or even the moderates. If you can avoid them at the resorts, you should be OK.
Have a great time!

We stayed Thanksgiving weekend, and it was more crowded than the previous two years. Each day of the weekend, we noticed less and less people at the resort.

Thanks all! Yes, we plan to arrive not the Sat right after Thanksgiving (2 days after) but the next week and stay until the following Sat. I can hardly wait!

Just be careful of not going to the MK on that following Friday or Saturday unless you want to fight a big crowd on Main Street. That's usually when they are taping the Christmas Parade. So the park is usually crowded. We went this year on Saturday (our last day) and it was pretty bad. We now know not to go to the MK during that, unless you want to participate with the parade. It's really not worth the hassle. We ended up cutting through the stores just to get past the crowds.

We will be down there the Sunday after Thanksgiving through the next Saturday. Can't wait!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter