How busy is it on Thanksgiving Day? Can we do both parks in one day - selective spots?

jzswank

Earning My Ears
We are 2 adults and 1 ten year old. We arrive Wednesday night and are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel.

We will be only able to hit the parks on Thanksgiving Day. We would like to do both the Harry Potter Rides, see the castle, walk around both Harry Potter areas, Jurassic Park ride and Springfield/Simpsons. IOA closes at 8 PM and US closes at 9 PM.

I believe we can enter the parks earlier since we are staying on property. If we are there at the entrance of IOA 15 minutes before we are allowed to enter and head straight to Harry Potter area and walk around a bit and then hit Jurassic Park ride and walk around a bit at IOA, take pics, etc., lunch and then take train over to US Diagon Alley and peek at the line to see wait time for the Harry Potter ride, and take it if it's not too long long (15 min), then head over to Springfield/Simpsons area. Then come back to Diagon Alley at evening to experience the ambiance and perhaps take the Harry Potter ride if we weren't able to take it earlier. Also do Minion ride.

Goal is to go at a leisurely pace. Don't need to do every single ride.

Is it doable? We have Express Passes for all the other rides we may add on which don't look like it will take too long to get on.

It's always doable but you may need to adjust your expectations.

Possible..You may need to adjust expectations though and KEEP IN MIND...Early entry is ONLY for Harry potter.You wont be able to get a jump on other areas of the parks till the park hits its official opening time.Express is not NO waits..It is shorter waits so you may have a 15-20 min wait even WITH express pass

Thanks for the responses. We can go straight to Harry Potter areas and hang there until the rest of park opens. I have been to Daigon's alley last year but didn't go on the ride. That is why I thought we should start at IOA plus US is open one extra hour.

Will it be crazy busy can't move around comfortably on Thanksgiving day?

Thanks for the responses. We can go straight to Harry Potter areas and hang there until the rest of park opens. I have been to Daigon's alley last year but didn't go on the ride. That is why I thought we should start at IOA plus US is open one extra hour.

Will it be crazy busy can't move around comfortably on Thanksgiving day?
We have been on Thanksgiving Day three of the past four years and it has never been bad. The Wednesday before is great and Thanksgiving day has never been too bad. The Saturday and Sunday after have been very busy!! We have been on Christmas Day twice and it is crazy busy compared to Thanksgiving. Hope you have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter