How busy is it at the end of August?

wheredreamsbegin

DIS Veteran
I am in the very beginning stages of planning a trip to WDW at the end of August (Tuesday 27th-Friday 30th) for my husband's birthday. Having never been at that time of year, I started wondering...how busy is it?

We go every year in August the week before. It is begining to slow down and have smaller crowds because evryone is starting to go back to school. easywdw is a good web site that can give you crowd levels for any given day. I have found it to be helpful for planning.

We've also been in Aug in the past and are going again this year 8/21-27. As PP said, the crowds do slow down towards the end of August, especially during the week. We found August to be a great time to go if you can deal with the heat and rain showers. We make it to rope drop in the morning and get a lot done before noon and head back to resort for swimming/relaxing and head back to parks for the evening. :thumbsup2

We've also been in Aug in the past and are going again this year 8/21-27. As PP said, the crowds do slow down towards the end of August, especially during the week. We found August to be a great time to go if you can deal with the heat and rain showers. We make it to rope drop in the morning and get a lot done before noon and head back to resort for swimming/relaxing and head back to parks for the evening. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great touring plan. This should work for us especially since it will be just the two of us.

We went the last 10 days of this past Aug. The crowds were totally manageable. It was very very very hot and humid tho and rained everyday (thunderstorms) which freaked my DD out. And the hurricane didn't help... :sad2:

We were there August 25 to 30th last year. We were at Epcot the day of Hurricane Isaac and it was windy, but we had a great day. The usual heat and humidity with the quick afternoon rain showers. Not crowded at all except the Saturday. We loved it!

We have been that time of year a few times - Crowds are not bad at all - super crazy hot and humid..and wet.
If it matters to you - that is typically the time of year they offer Free Dining - no idea if it will be offered again - but if they do, expect to see the restaurants to be booked solid. If you want to eat at a particular place I would suggest booking an ADR asap. :)

We've been this time for the last four years. It is slower than the rest of the month but the week itself has gotten busier over the last few years. Last year was noticeably busier than the year before. It still wasn't bad, but not a ghost town and Labour Day weekend the Sunday at Magic Kingdom was VERY busy compared to the three previous years. I think more and more people have clued in to what a good time this can be to go.
I'd still say it's mostly moderate crowds during the week though. If you have a plan, and make sure to plan for the heat especially, it is still a good time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter