• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Busy is DL for July 4th Week

jimsanfilippo

Mouseketeer
OK, how bad will DL crowds really be July 1-July 5? That's when our family of 4 will be there (only our 2nd time to DL) and all I hear is how unbelievably bad crowds will be. We just spent the last week of Spring Break at WDW (April 16-23) and it was busy but not nearly as crowded as people had been warning me. I'm hoping DLR will be the same.

How much will staying at the Grand Californian help for escaping crowds for a few hours per day?

Are you a big fan of veal? heh

Seriously though, it is PACKED that weekend. I've never been uncomfortable at Disneyland before or since the time I went 4th of July weekend. What a nightmare. I think I still bare the scars from strollers on my ankles and a distinct fear of crowds thanks to that weekend. I've never seen so many people in my life. As much as I would love to see the patriotic offerings (especially the WOC one this year), I can't convince myself to do that again.

Staying at the Grand will help some and give you a quiet place to go with a shorter walk but be sure to do MM since you are staying onsite and plan to ride as many rides as you can and then take a nice long break and enjoy the pool.

hmmm..so I am hoping that the big surge around 4 July might be followed by a little easing 11-15 july....:rolleyes1 anyone care to guess?

You have to remember that DLR usually has more locals and when the holidays come, so do the locals, I would think it will be fine until around noon or 1 and then it will be crowded evening to close.

We were married at the DLH on July 2, 2000. So I can say we have been back there a few times four our anniversary. It is packed and it is hot, but hey, you are in Disneyland. We love to do the hotel pool in the afternoon and hit the parks in the morning and at night.

We are goin the 1-6th. I asked the same question and have had mixed reviews. I am just going to expect it to be totally packed that way if it isn't as bad I will be happy and if it is packed I won't be upset. I don't mind crowds but dh doesn't really like them. Would love to go another weekend but this one works best for all of us.

im thinking it will be busy all summer long so with that and the AP blocked out count us in for the 4th of july and hope everyone stays home:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter