How busy do you think Disney will be in 2012 after the new Fantasyland opens?

According to a CM (director) I spoke with, they are expecting a huge impact in visitors. I personally would not think a restaurant, single ride and few character meet and greet locations would make that big of a deal, but apparently TPTB at Disney disagree. :) ;)

I think you are underestimating the theming. It's the idea that you are in Beast castle. As a mom of a toddler the character meet and greets are BIG!

Will anyone even care about /remember Avatar in 2016? Not like the kids own the DVD and ask to watch it all the time like other Disney videos!

I believe James Cameron is making 2 more Avatar films, so it'll still be relevant when they open the land.

we went to see advitar...i wanted my money back...So the addition to AK will not make a big difference to us. However!!!! Fantasy land!!!!! WOWZA i am sooo gunna be a guest at beast's castle! I am soooo excited about the expansion!

we went to see advitar...i wanted my money back...So the addition to AK will not make a big difference to us. However!!!! Fantasy land!!!!! WOWZA i am sooo gunna be a guest at beast's castle! I am soooo excited about the expansion!

I don't get the attraction of Avatar either. My DH really liked it though. I'm much more excited about the new fantasyland and can't wait to see it all completed.

Very...

The bad news, the new attractions will have very long waits.

The good news, other attractions will have shorter waits.

Because most people want a beginning, a middle and an end? :confused3

Though I think its a middle, beginning, something else story. (2 is maybe a prequel)

So the first Avatar was just a beginning? I haven't watched it, unless you count the trailers

Everything but the mine train should be open by the end of 2012. Mine train is currently targeted for first quarter of 2014.

If mine train is your focus, then you'll want to wait longer. No way that late 2012 date is right.

You're right, it was late 2013 I saw for the mine train, not 2012. My mistake. But it's been pushed back to early 2014 now eh? First I've heard that. Are things not progressing on time then?

I think it will be busier because people who may have been planning trips on 2010/2011 could have been holding off for the expansion. I know that is the case for us and DL. We were going to book a Jan/2012 vacation but then found out Cars land opens in Septmber (or August? IDK), anyway, we pushed out our travel dates to Jan/2013 so we could see it.

I don't know but potc was initially intended to be one movie. Then they decided it should be 3. Then 4. I guess the same will happen with avatar - it would be quite difficult to base a whole land on one movie!

Toy story went the same way... Hoping the same will happen for monsters inc. I love that movie and can't wait for the sequel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter