How big is the stroller you cab buy at WDW?

lucytootsie

Mouseketeer
I remember a while back there was discussion and pictures of a stroller. I believe black and red for about 45$. Our dtr is 5 1/2 and 45 pds. Anyone know if she will be too big.

That is the stroller. It is over $50 after tax. And it's an umbrella stroller suitable for a toddler. And honestly a complete rip off at those prices. It's a $15 stroller with a sunshade.

Bring your own but be aware that standard strollers are not built for 5yr olds. You'll need to do some investigating to find a good one at a good price. A lot of ppl say Maclarens(sp?) are good for older kids.

Thanks guys. I was afraid of that. We don't use a stroller at home so I was not looking to spend alot of $$ on 1. We are in a stroller swap on the budget board. it seems to have gotten lost and we leave in a week. So I was trying to go to plan B.

My 5 year old niece used it last year on our vacation and it worked out fine for transporting her, but if she dozed off , there was no place to rest her head as she was too tall. She is average sized for a 5 year old.

I think we really just need something to cut down on walking and to help in the crowds. I will give it a look when we get there if something else does not come up.

lucytootsie, have you considered borrowing a stroller from a friend?? I have two strollers, one umbrella and one big bulky one and both to me were not suitable to take to Disney. I looked into rentals at both Disney and Orlando strollers(much nicer strollers I might add) but I just cannot see spending all that extra money. My friend has a really nice light weight stroller, not quite an umbrella stroller as it has a reclining seat and a very nice full coverage sunshade...also has a basket and cup holder and the seat part is tall enough that my 4 year old DD will be able to recline and have a place for her head to rest. My friend is letting me borrow it next weekend when they are down for visit so that I can use it at Disney!!

I really can't think of someone that has a child our dtr's age that we could borrow from. That is a great idea and I will keep my eyes and ears open just in case.

Check your local Craigslist or Freecycle. Check kids' consignment shops. You are going to need something besides a regular umbrella stroller. I picked up a Maclaren Volo last month on clearance at Target for $70 -- its weight limit is 55 lbs. Truthfully, with just a week to go, I'd just buy one and be done with it. You don't have a lot of time to search one out from friends or bargain hunting. Have a great trip!

Yes, the Mac's are great..

I just bought a Quest (the model that retails over $200) for $105 (free shippping) on ebay. Saw Volo's for $65 and Triumph's (mid-range priced model) for $75.

I bought mine on Sunday, got it today and we leave tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Since your DD is 5 why don't you just get a cheapo umbrella stroller from Walmart or something?

I'm guessing she wont' need to be in it all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter