How big are the room safes?

Anyone try a laptop in the WL safes? I have one slightly larger than a netbook (11in) but smaller than regular laptops...Just wondering...

TIA :flower3:

sorry to dig up this old topic, but in recent years have the safes been upgraded to bigger sizes? especially interested in information on Fort Wilderness Cabin and Port Orleans Riverside. it's a pity laptops don't fit.

I've also heard the safes are operated with a key instead of a lock code. Is that also still the case? Sounds weird in the age of the Magicband...

I have a weird questions. Given that another poster mentioned burglaries and thefts: are the safes in the hotel rooms big enough for a laptop computer? That is the only "valuable" I would leave in the room (save our souvinears (sp) and my toddler's toys) and I would like to lock it up this time around. During our last trip, I left it pretty much in view (to the housekeepers, anyway) but that thought turned my stomach at the time and I just did not consider locking it up.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

my husband had no problem puttting his laptop in the safe when we stayed at Pop. On our most recent trip, at All Star Movies, the laptop did not fit in the safe.

If we are paranoid un-travellers, is it possible to request a second safe for a value room?

Just wondering :confused3

There are 4 of us with digi cameras, one netbook we're bringing, passports, travel documents, american money... wedding rings (!!)....

The safe is built into the wall, so I don't see how they would bring another one to the room for you. They may have a safe behind the counter in the lobby that you can use, but I'm not sure.

There are two different designs for the safes at WDW. So the answer to your question depends on where you are staying. Some of the resorts have in-wall safes that use a key. Those are fairly small and would fit a tablet, but not a laptop (unless it's a small netbook). The other resorts have larger safes with a keypad lock. Those will fit a medium sized laptop easily, along with other things.

sorry to dig up this old topic, but in recent years have the safes been upgraded to bigger sizes? especially interested in information on Fort Wilderness Cabin and Port Orleans Riverside. it's a pity laptops don't fit.

I've also heard the safes are operated with a key instead of a lock code. Is that also still the case? Sounds weird in the age of the Magicband...

Recently stayed in POR RR (Jan, 2016) - No, the safes are still the small wall safes with a key with a big orange plastic tag.

We have found the safes are all different sizes in the different resorts. I have been able to get my laptop in some but not in others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter