• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How best to use Disney transportation?

klfrech

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at one of the Value during spring break next year without a car.

We never gone without a car before, or stayed at a Value, for that matter.

I was wondering if there are any tricks, secrets, etc. to making the most out of Disney transportation during this busy time.

Is one Value preferable over the others for providing more efficient service to and from the parks?

The best advice is to go at off times, especially during busy periods and stay at a resort that does not share buses with another resort.

You can check out a lot of information regarding the buses on the transportation board.

We been to WDW multiple times and have never used a car. We only use WDW transportation. For us, we do everything early thus giving us extra time and not late.

At the end of the night in each of the parks, the buses are crazy so we position ourselves more to the front of the park so we can get to the bus stop before the crowd. After the last fireworks, we rush to the buses - no shopping, no bathroom, no pictures.

Good luck!

We've never had a car on our many trips to WDW, I like to let Disney take care of transport from the moment I step off the plane to the moment we arrive back at the airport.

The only thing I'd disagree with above is the "bus sharing" thing. If you stay at POP yes it has it's own bus, but it also has 3 times as many rooms as each AS resort so even though AS share buses sometimes the number of people riding them is about the same.

This October will be my 14th trip and we have never used a car. With Disney transportation it is beneficial not to get in a hurry. We typically set an ideal time on arriving to the park and then make sure we are in line for the bus about an hour or so in advance. That typically put us in the park earlier than we had planned; however, on busier days it allowed for longer waits without us feeling like we were wasting our day away. As mentioned earlier, try to aim for times that aren't so busy like after rope drop in the morning or earlier in the evening. I think the main trick is to be patient and not get stressed out when you feel like a bus will never come because eventually it will and there is no use stressing out over it because that just makes the situation worse.

We were at ASMu during spring break last year and it was fine - sure, there were some waits- but nothing horrible - we just made sure we were never in a rush - gave plenty of time to get to parks for ADRs etc.

they seemed to have more busses contracted for spring break bc a lot of them were not Disney busses -but regular charter bus types - which was actually great b/c we could put our stroller underneath and not have to fold it up and carry it on.

We been to WDW multiple times and have never used a car. We only use WDW transportation. For us, we do everything early thus giving us extra time and not late.

At the end of the night in each of the parks, the buses are crazy so we position ourselves more to the front of the park so we can get to the bus stop before the crowd. After the last fireworks, we rush to the buses - no shopping, no bathroom, no pictures.

Good luck!

I suggest doing the opposite after fireworks.

Linger in the park, line up for one last ride right before park close. This way you are spending time in the park doing something fun while everyone else is rushing to the buses just to spend that time standing in line.

Linger in the park, line up for one last ride right before park close. This way you are spending time in the park doing something fun while everyone else is rushing to the buses just to spend that time standing in line.

:thumbsup2 This is what we do. A last ride or maybe a character meet, roam the stores or have a late snack.

:sad2:September will be the first time staying off Disney site,I will be staying with my family at the Lake Buena Vista Best Western.they say the buses will be there every half hour but, I was wondering how I can get to a Monarail or other Disney bus to the parks. can I park at DTD Market Place and take a Disney bus from there?:confused3

There are no direct buses from DTD to the theme parks. Since it sounds like you'll have a car, just park in the theme park lot(s). Once you've parked, you can always use Disney transportation to go between parks, visit resorts, etc.

There are no direct buses from DTD to the theme parks. Since it sounds like you'll have a car, just park in the theme park lot(s). Once you've parked, you can always use Disney transportation to go between parks, visit resorts, etc.

What is the best Park to leave my car at ? Hours wise?

AGREED! i always ride soarin' after the fireworks

We always use WDW transportation exclusively. Like other posters have said, the key is to allow plenty of time. We are at the bus stop 1 hour before we need to be where we are, with a few exceptions. Allow more time if travelling to another resort.

I have spent less time waiting for buses at the value resorts than I have at the deluxe ones that share buses and have less of them servicing each location than the values. I also agree with some of the posters about not rushing to the bus - enjoy the park as it becomes quieter, ride a ride, take that wonderful night time picture with less crowds in your way, then there will be a lot less wait at the actual bus stop.

I have read a few recommendations that when staying at the larger resorts to board at the main bus stop near check in. During busy times if you are at one of the later stops at the resort you may have to wait for more than one bus because they fill up at the main entrance.

Is there a map out there somewhere to show where all the boat launches/walking paths (say between Epcot and DHS) are at the parks who have them? I found the transportation wizard but was looking for a transportation page/map/link.

We've never had a car on our many trips to WDW, I like to let Disney take care of transport from the moment I step off the plane to the moment we arrive back at the airport.

The only thing I'd disagree with above is the "bus sharing" thing. If you stay at POP yes it has it's own bus, but it also has 3 times as many rooms as each AS resort so even though AS share buses sometimes the number of people riding them is about the same.
Hmmm, not exactly. Pop Century has 2,880 rooms, while All Star Movies and All Star Sports each have 1,960 rooms. Music has somewhat but not substantially fewer rooms due to about half the rooms in two buildings were converted to suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter