How bad will it be? Buying SOG tickets on day of arrival, no FP ahead of time.

MelanieC

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
We are buying 9 day passes at Shades of Green on the day we arrive. We are there for 15 days, and will not be able to get FP's till we arrive.

So how bad will it be from someone else who has done it? Will there not be any good FP's available?

Also I'm pretty sure these are paper tickets. Do I have to get these changed in and put on my arm band things to use them?

We may be in a similar situation and have the same question! I'm sure part will depend on when you are going. We are going mid-december, so I am HOPING that it won't be THAT bad, and I will still be able to get at least some later-afternoon FP, but I am worried about going without them, like you.

I would really be surprised if they're paper tickets since paper tickets no longer work. Also, I'm not sure, but I don't think SoG gets Magic Bands. (You can buy them, but they're not necessary.)

You can apparently order your tickets thur SOG and they will email you the ticket numbers so that you can go online and establish a MDE account for your fast passes. They can send you the order form....then you fax it in. You can book FP 30 days out.

Really, hmm I am going to look into this. I wish I would have known it a month ago lol.
Oh and we leave for Florida on 8/7.

Ok, just called SOG and they said they don't sell them ahead of time (it sounded like only if you are staying at SOG).
You have to buy them when your at WDW at SOG.

Ok, just called SOG and they said they don't sell them ahead of time (it sounded like only if you are staying at SOG).
You have to buy them when your at WDW at SOG.

Oh I thought you were staying at SOG. SORRY!! BTW....we are headed to Disney on the 7th too. However... we will arrive on the 8th for 9 nights.

I would really be surprised if they're paper tickets since paper tickets no longer work. Also, I'm not sure, but I don't think SoG gets Magic Bands. (You can buy them, but they're not necessary.)

I'm staying at POP Century. If they don't sell paper tickets, what do you get when you buy a ticket at SOG? What if you're staying offsite? I can't imagine how they do that then, interested to know now, lol!

Oh I thought you were staying at SOG. SORRY!! BTW....we are headed to Disney on the 7th too. However... we will arrive on the 8th for 9 nights.

Yeah, sorry! I should have mentioned :)

I'm staying at POP Century. If they don't sell paper tickets, what do you get when you buy a ticket at SOG? What if you're staying offsite? I can't imagine how they do that then, interested to know now, lol!

You get plastic cards with RFID chips in them. Those are the only kind of tickets that will work at the entrances. (Well, Magic Bands will work too since they also have RFID chips. ;))

Interesting. I feel WDW has changed so much in the past few years since I went lol! Makes sense. That I can see. I didn't even think about plastic, but makes sense since the old room keys used to be plastic.

We're in the same boat. We have older 2 day tickets that are still on KTTW cards that we never used. We'll be upgrading them the day we get there. I've tried and tried to add them to MDE. I can't. I.T. says they can, but then don't. So I've given up and we'll have to book FP when we get there.
I can't find many reports of how it will be to be honest. We'll be there the second week of December.
I figure my best chance at 7DMT will be rope drop, and all other headliners might be bookable if we concentrate on them later in the week.

As I understand it.....The tickets that you purchase at SOG will need to be activated at one of the park entrances, or you can activate them at the Guest Services located in DD. The tickets will be exchanged for cards that have the RFID chip, and I believe that the person who has the military ID must be present. You can purchase the magic bands and have them linked to your tickets, but you will be fine using just the cards if you want to avoid the added expense.

As I understand it.....The tickets that you purchase at SOG will need to be activated at one of the park entrances, or you can activate them at the Guest Services located in DD. The tickets will be exchanged for cards that have the RFID chip, and I believe that the person who has the military ID must be present. You can purchase the magic bands and have them linked to your tickets, but you will be fine using just the cards if you want to avoid the added expense.

Oh, I should have also noted that we do have magic bands since we are staying at POP. Yeah, that is what we did before, when we got our tickets at SOG we would just head over to the TTC over by MK and exchange them into Disney tickets.

Oh, I should have also noted that we do have magic bands since we are staying at POP. Yeah, that is what we did before, when we got our tickets at SOG we would just head over to the TTC over by MK and exchange them into Disney tickets.

Yes, it is the same drill. At least you already have the magic bands. I am also wondering how Fastpass+ will play out for those of us purchasing last minute tickets, especially after reading so many reports about long lines at attractions that are not so popular. I have visions of spending our MK day on the People Mover, and climbing the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse.:lmao:

Here now and last night changed my fp+ completely for today from MK to Epcot - I was able to easily get Test Track, Characters, and Spaceship earth and I am pretty sure when I did it last night everything was available. We did late afternoon/evening but that's what I needed anyway. Hope that helps.

Yes, it is the same drill. At least you already have the magic bands. I am also wondering how Fastpass+ will play out for those of us purchasing last minute tickets, especially after reading so many reports about long lines at attractions that are not so popular. I have visions of spending our MK day on the People Mover, and climbing the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse.:lmao:

:rotfl: Same here! We don't even know for sure DS will be able to go on the trip. But if he can, we wanted to purchase the Salute tickets. So it will be last minute. We will be those people you see on the People Mover:rotfl2:

Dont' forget that you can go to Leisure and Travel Services at your post and get the tickets as well - you dont' have to wait until you get to SOG to get your tickets - they CAN be linked to MDP - you just have to go to the bottom, and link it by typing it in - we did that ourselves -

I don't think the ones you can get at your post are the Stars and Stripes tickets. We arrive on Wednesday and were told we have to physically buy then at SOG. If you are staying at a resort you should be able to take the tickets to the front desk and get everything linked onto your magic bands.

as for tickets - We went for the 4 days before Memorial Weekend, so it was busy. Booked trip 3 days ahead, and was able to get nearly everything. ToyStory was open on a 2nd day to Studios - it was almost booked out on our first day arrival. Of course in the MK, Anna/Elsa and 7 Dwarfs will be out. Try the day of to see if anything opens up for those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter